forward bilge thru hull, 2520 pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodytoo

Reaction score
Hey guys - quick question. I have a 2003 2520XL pilot house and noticed the other day that the thru hole on the forward bilge outlet had broken off. It was the OEM plastic thru hole. (see pic attachment) The thru hole is broken off and the hose from the bilge pump is basically hanging by the grace of 4200.

The boat is remote to me, and so I am thinking through parts to repair remotely. I plan on taking this opportunity to replace the pump, hose and thru-hull and wiring the pump directly to the batteries.

Question - being remote, I can't visualize access to the back side of the thru hull fitting. Can I get to it? Is it accessible from the gear locker on the starboard side? or will I need to cut an access port? I saw on a search I did of (I think) a post from MegaByte that showed an access port that gave clean access to the back of the thru-hull and the hose connection., but I don't recall an inspection port down there.

Can one of you guys take a peak for me? Feeling blind!

Thanks, Bo

Attachments

• parker bilge.jpg
    parker bilge.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 266
Yes there should be a 6" beckson access plate. I replaced mine as well. They used cheap plastic there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Many have replaced the OEMs with stainless from replacementboatparts.com.
Front: Stainless Steel Std. Thru Hull 3/4" PRE56547
Rear: (might not be an elbow on your XL) Stainless Steel Elbow Thru Hull 1-1/8" PRE56579

Back