2017 1801 Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Speeder

Reaction score
I am looking at picking up a new 1801, I have a couple questions for those who are in the newer 1801 models... has anybody modified the windshield and t-top to get the boat in a 7' standard garage while it's on the trailer, seems like more work than it is worth. Not sure if it is even possible?

Also, how is the livewell now that it has been moved in front of the console, they say "rounded" edges but that tank looks pretty square to me. Do larger baitfish like bunker/pogies last in there? How many can you keep alive?

I am downsizing from a larger Boston Whaler which I recently sold, looking to streamline a lot of the work and cost that came with a larger boat. This seems like a great fit for my needs. Thanks all.

Ok, I have answered the garage question, looks like the measurement from the top of the leaning post to the flood is 94" when its on a trailer, so that's not even close to making a 7' garage.

But how about feedback on the livewell, I like to do a lot of live bait fishing? Any feedback on how the hull handles the Long Island Sound would also be helpful.

Give the factory a call about that live well.
Outside might be 'square', but inside more rounded.

I think I would like to order one from the factory, would they be willing to make a few small tweaks on a low (in comparison) value build like the 1801? I know the whole purpose of the nationally advertised price was to make these builds more efficient. I would look for small things like power steering, upgraded electronics, and maybe hiding the radio control in a less visible area to make room for a VHF.

Any general feedback on doing a build with the factory, or specific feedback on having them build you an 1801?

If you are ordering new, that conversation needs to be had with your dealer.
If it is a good dealer, they will attempt to make your wishes known to the factory.
If not, call the factory and talk with them. They might be able to tell the dealer that what you want is possible.

I would look for small things like power steering

It's not Power Steering........... It's Hyd. steering

But there is such a thing a Hyd.... Power Steering...... You will only see that on Very Large boats.

You can figure $1200 for Hyd steering installed.

Quick bump, would still love some feedback on actual use of the livewell in front of the consul? Thanks.

Back