Underwater scuppers= Dirty deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAHEARN

Reaction score
Just purchased a 1994 232 sports cabin. New to Parkers.Not too happy with the scuppers being underwater no doubt partially because of the twin 150 Mercurys hanging off the swim platform. Also I found two zincs on rhe bracket that holds the swim platform, when I removed the cap bolts water came shooting out. Is this 'bracket' a tank?.......Can someone suggest a gadget fot the scuppers to keep outside water outside?

Yes it is like a tank. I have an '06 with a single 200 and once had the pie plate on top of the bracket worked loose and it filled with water. I estimate 50 gallons. The boat felt heavy in the ass end and it was immediately noticeable. I drained it from the bottom plug (after I trailered the boat) and made sure the pie plate was secured. Solved the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weight is a big issue along where the fuel tank is installed ( close to transom or in the middle of cockpit)

I have ball type and switching over to flapper type soon

Most likely your bracket is made by Stainless Marine and has a hatch topside of the bracket.
They can leak bc dont seal well

The solution?

Warthog oversized the hole and installed a waterproof hatch (deck plate) by Armstrong who also makes brackets.

You called it a tank....... We refer to it as the tub of the Engine Bracket.

It should NEVER be filled with flotation foam , as Some manufactures have done in the past. It should Always be air tight.

If it's Not....FIX it.! It is a flotation to help with the weight of the motors sitting that far aft.

Fresh water = 8.2lbs per gal.

Salt water = 8.3lbs per gal.

If you have water in the tub .... You have a problem that can effect the boat.

Back