2120 sleeping on boat in the rain problem?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalywag05

Reaction score
Just made it back into the slip on Sunday afternoon when the skies opened up. My lady friend and I decided to take a little nap and let it pass. I hooked up the hose to flush the
Motor and we layed down in the berth for 10 minutes. when I decided to get up and secure the water to the motor I noticed the self bailing cockpit was no longer self bailing with the two of us (approx 340 lbs combined) laying in the berth. Kinda upsetting to know that water may be coming into the cabin in the middle of the night while we sleep.......

Scaly, i also have a 2120 SC 2007 model. My wife and i sleep on the boat quite often and we never experienced a situation like you discribe. I weigh about 210 and my wife is about 105 soaking wet. What else did you have up in the bow? Are you retaining water in the anchor locker or front bilge? You may want to put a cooler in the stern to offset the forward weight. Good luck

Back