noise in helm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stripbait

Reaction score
hey guys I have a 2013 2520 I always had issue with steering noise only turning to port I ck for leaks none found so I bleed system had a little air in it but still have a noise in iti don't think this helm helm should be bad any advise I had it at dealer when it was only a year old they said it normal if I let boat sit for a while it will not turn to port like it stuck but after I turn wheel a few its find for rest of the day

I once had the motor fall fully to starboard right at launching, and the wheel was jammed to port. I tied up, hiked to the marina and bought 2 gallons (smallest they had) of hydraulic oil. I put in about 4 oz and worked the wheel and it broke free. Didn't have a problem after that.

Since then I've bled the lines of air just to be safe. So far not another issue with steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I read somewhere on this site that sometimes a valve can stick inside the helm pump. I didn't do a rebuild, just made sure the lines were bled of air. That didn't cost much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back