small electircal issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh123

Reaction score
I noticed something weird and maybe you guys can help.

When i flip on the bilge switch, the washdown light also turns on ( switch is off). Same thing happens if i flip the washdown switch and blige is off, both indicator lights turn on. Neither the bilge pump or the washdown pump turns on when a switch is turned on.

When i flip either switch, the trim tab motors make a loud whirring sound for a few seconds but the trim tabs are not moving.

When i disconnect the washdown pump, the bilge pump now works. I'm thinking somewhere along the way, the wires are maybe touching and causing stray 12v.

researching more, it seems like the lenco trim tab has an orange wire that needs to be connected to a on/off source. i wonder if its being connected to the washdown on/off source causing the motor to whirr, ie retracting?

My Lenco trim tabs have the same auto retract feature, and you're right about the orange wire. Normally it would go to the ignition but I chose to install a switch instead (didn't want to have to shut off my engine for auto retract). Yours could be wired to the washdown pump switch. If so you may be getting a short across the switches, if it wasn't done carefully. There's not a lot of room back there. Do your trim tabs work regardless if the switch is off or on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WestCoastNut":1gs3cem5 said:
My Lenco trim tabs have the same auto retract feature, and you're right about the orange wire. Normally it would go to the ignition but I chose to install a switch instead (didn't want to have to shut off my engine for auto retract). Yours could be wired to the washdown pump switch. If so you may be getting a short across the switches, if it wasn't done carefully. There's not a lot of room back there. Do your trim tabs work regardless if the switch is off or on?

the trim tabs seem to be working fine. I'm going to take a look at the orange wire and maybe rerun it to the key ignition switch.

Anyone else know where your orange cable is connected to?

If the orange trim tab wire is connected to the washdown pump switch, the trim tabs won't function if the switch is off, and if on they'll work fine. If on and you turn them off the auto retract will activate. It's a simple way to test if that's how it's connected.

Back