Drilling into V-berth Carpet

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
If I drill a 1/4" hole through the bulkhead in front of the front passenger seat into the V-berth area on a 2820 will the interior carpeting bind on the drill bit and pull threads? When I have restored cars and install new carpet I always burn the seat and seatbelt holes in with a fine tip soldering gun to prevent pulling threads, wondering if the Parker material is similar. Thanks...

yes it will. i just drilled yesterday something similar and it did bind a little. its not bad though. once i drilled through it bound a little but just stop the drill and u good to go

Yes it will. When I drilled through the top of my pilothouse into the cabin ceiling to mount a radar arch, it made a mess of the cabin fur on the ceiling in that one spot. Next hole I drilled I used the smallest drill bit I could find and that helped alot. Once I made it through, I cut the carpet away from that area (just a small piece that was to be covered by the fender washer anyway) and then followed with the correct size drill bit. That worked much better.

Back