Door locks on Parkers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djam

Reaction score
Hi,

I took delivery of my Parker 2320 yesterday, it was fantastic. Love the boat and how it handles. Pulling into my slip was a bit of challenge, as it is much bigger than the 21' center consoles I'm used to driving.

The lock to the cabin door popped out yesterday while trying to lock it. It is a very simple plastic lock, the dealer is going to take care of it being replaced, but what I'm interested in knowing is has anyone upgraded their locks to something a little more serious? Of course they can alway break the window, but I'm looking to keep the casual thief away. I was going to store a bunch of stuff like rods and reels on the boat, but I' rethinking that plan. The boat is in a marina out here in Kalifornia.

No lock and never an issue, but I'm not in Kalifornia.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 376
The lock assembly is with the dealer. He is getting a replacement, but it is my understanding this is the new lock. I can't imagine why is what is basically a simple piece of plastic protecting my door. Sure you can bust the window or jam open a steel lock, but I'd like a little discouragement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had hoped to leave my rods on the boat between trips, now not so confident that is going to work. Recently the dry storage the next harbor up, Newport Beach, has people ripping stuff off of boats. I'm trying to figure out a security system that makes sense that is not a fortune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure this is the one on my 06 2120. They are prone to pitting but otherwise are solid. Maybe you can swap out for this style if you like it better?

Attachments

• IMG_6864.JPG
    IMG_6864.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 295
Hi,

Might a little hard to determine from the picture, but the black section that holds the locking mechanism is made of plastic. What I am looking for was input from anyone that might have upgraded their locks.

Back