Reaching out to Mr. Lynwood Parker.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spdnby

Reaction score
Hello All,
It's been some time since I have visited the Parker Forum.
I own a 1995 23 foot Deep Vee Sport Cabin boat with a 200 hp 2 stroke Yamaha H.P.D.I outboard.

I went to the Raritan NJ boat show this year and had a 20 minute conversation with Mr. Parker. Our discussion among other subject regarded the NOTCHED TRANSOM to which my boat is constructed.

I mentioned to Mr. Lynnewood that I could not find the splashwell cover and asked him if he could find me one. I am the second owner of this vessel and the fine gentleman I purchased this boat owned it since new and said it was not purchased with a splashwell cover.

Mr. Parker suggested that I reach out on this board and asked me to leave a message asking him if he would look in the rafters and find the original mold.

Mr. Parker, although it has taken me about 2 months I am fulfilling that request and reaching out to see what can be done to buy the original splashwell cover.

I have a picture of both the splashwell cover and a picture of me and Mr. Parker at the
D. and R. Boats Inc. display booth if it is needed to verify my interaction.

We discussed varying methods of constructing one and due to injury I am unable to construct one from scratch and I have reached out to D&R Boats who were unable to locate one for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting this message to Mr. Parker and or locating a splashwell cover for my NOTCHED TRANSOM 1995 23' DV SC fishing boat.

Thank you.
John Wochna
[email protected]

Brent":17oeq21h said:
Welcome

His name is Linwood Parker and always wanted to met him.

http://www.tristatemarine.com/parker-bo ... od-parker/

Others have made them and I will try to find a link

The man is the utmost gentleman.
He spent the time to listen to every sentence I said and came back with several terrific fixes and insight as to the how's and whys certain things were designed and built.
He also suggested materials and was as knowledgeable as one of his caliber would be expected to be.

Attachments

• 20170218_104554_1487434335148.jpg
    20170218_104554_1487434335148.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 699
Brent":3ls8rf0z said:
Here is a pic
viewtopic.php?t=17079 but it is water trapper with no drains. m2cw

How well does the cockpit drain?

It might be easier to have one made

There were several situations while fishing in following seas, when anchored, when throttling down, when near another boats wake, and just some crappy seas that I have had 6" of water on the deck.

It does not give a feeling of comfort. Sometimes just having to pull anchor or even while drifting I was concerned enough to drive the boat to rid the deck of water.

When driving the boat it empties thru the factory small scuppers fairly efficiently..

The rubber flap style scuppers are smal.

I would like to modify and enlarge these to a 2" or a 2 1/2" scupper. I need a fast drain if I continue to fish without the splashwell cover.

My scuppers are vertically mounted on the transom wall.

I also don't like fishing with several people or traveling with the full fuel tank 150 gallons as the notch just gets too close to the sea level.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 689
Brent":3kjt1xps said:
ok some pics of cockpit layout would help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks Brent.

I also sent an email to Brown @ finaddicts so hope I get a reply tomorrow.
Here's exactly what mine is and what I need but this boat ain't mine.
I could get a picture tomorrow.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 673
Hi, I'm in NJ. North east section.
Hudson River
Sandy Hook
Raritan Bay

Brent":tqs6nq0o said:
is the one in the pic tall enough?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's a good question.
I think it is.
Is far enough back where it just needs a barrier as the water rolls over the notch.
And can hold a decent amount as to let it drain back thru the scuppers.

Right now it will fill the deck.

You will need to measure the space and decide how well best to mount. I would consult with Warthog.

Maybe the stock ones will fit and could be ordered from a dealer or Parker. I don't know. Folks have had various up and downs with this approach. Hopefully Fin Addict might be a better and faster approach. Looks like a high dollar item. m2cw if a custom one off order, I hope would be doing more research and gathering more ideas. For me, I would want one that is very secure yet removable and scuppers that can opened and closed. Maybe taller and add rod holders or post for removable bait cutting table. Good luck, post updates and pics

Best

Brent":2aud8gw2 said:
You will need to measure the space and decide how well best to mount. I would consult with Warthog.

Maybe the stock ones will fit and could be ordered from a dealer or Parker. I don't know. Folks have had various up and downs with this approach. Hopefully Fin Addict might be a better and faster approach. Looks like a high dollar item. m2cw if a custom one off order, I hope would be doing more research and gathering more ideas. For me, I would want one that is very secure yet removable and scuppers that can opened and closed. Maybe taller and add rod holders or post for removable bait cutting table. Good luck, post updates and pics

Best

Well the picture above is the stock piece. Meeting Mr.Parker he said he will look for the original mold at the factory for me. Thats what I am hoping for. I already reached out to several oe dealers with no luck.

On my Grady, it goes straight across, piano hinge at the bottom, and slam latches on each side to hold it up, and to let it fall if you tilt the motor into it. Has to be down to tilt motor all the way. Much simpler, and takes up less room than a curved, molded piece.

Brent":25itn03i said:
Ok good luck

Confirming the dimensions will help preventing mishaps

There may be been design changes between the model years. I don't know. I haven't seen your cockpit and measured then compared to new models. It may work out or not, is all I am saying

Brent thanks for your help. Ill post a picture later tonight. I know its 39" opening.

PKS1801":8gy4abqf said:
On my Grady, it goes straight across, piano hinge at the bottom, and slam latches on each side to hold it up, and to let it fall if you tilt the motor into it. Has to be down to tilt motor all the way. Much simpler, and takes up less room than a curved, molded piece.

I like it and may have to go that route. Nice and simple. Would you happen to have pictures you could post? Finattics replied and said they could only make what you are describing here.,

Spdnby":1lcz97ok said:
Hello All,
It's been some time since I have visited the Parker Forum.
I own a 1995 23 foot Deep Vee Sport Cabin boat with a 200 hp 2 stroke Yamaha H.P.D.I outboard.

I went to the Raritan NJ boat show this year and had a 20 minute conversation with Mr. Parker. Our discussion among other subject regarded the NOTCHED TRANSOM to which my boat is constructed.

I mentioned to Mr. Lynnewood that I could not find the splashwell cover and asked him if he could find me one. I am the second owner of this vessel and the fine gentleman I purchased this boat owned it since new and said it was not purchased with a splashwell cover.

Mr. Parker suggested that I reach out on this board and asked me to leave a message asking him if he would look in the rafters and find the original mold.

Mr. Parker, although it has taken me about 2 months I am fulfilling that request and reaching out to see what can be done to buy the original splashwell cover.

I have a picture of both the splashwell cover and a picture of me and Mr. Parker at the
D. and R. Boats Inc. display booth if it is needed to verify my interaction.

We discussed varying methods of constructing one and due to injury I am unable to construct one from scratch and I have reached out to D&R Boats who were unable to locate one for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting this message to Mr. Parker and or locating a splashwell cover for my NOTCHED TRANSOM 1995 23' DV SC fishing boat.

Thank you.
John Wochna
[email protected]

Paging Mr. Parker.

Spdnby":33vxut9x said:
PKS1801":33vxut9x said:

I like it and may have to go that route. Nice and simple. Would you happen to have pictures you could post? Finattics replied and said they could only make what you are describing here.,

Just like mine in this Google image search, but you can only see part of it. Hinged bottom and near top, slam latches just under the top hinge, and top 'shelf' rest on two starboard strips.

https://www.google.com/search?q=google& ... ylVkvwOCVM:

Looks like a nidified version here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=google& ... i5FG2yUrbM:

Maybe it should be called a grabber latch, not a slam latch:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sl ... acat=26443

Back