Window locks

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,don't know,both windows have same knob.That might explain why I can't find them on internet.

Brent,thanks for info,will do if I replace.

Thanks both of you

You know what Mark, looking at this picture again, I don't think the bolt that plastic knob screws into is original either.
My guess is the two pieces attached to the window frames are original, but someone replaced the threaded bolt and the plastic knob. Reason I say that is the bolt is rusted but the two pieces attached to the upper and lower window frames are not. My windows are just a year older than yours and my latches have zero rust on them. How is the other end of that threaded bolt attached?

Wynne has them for $75 per set
Perko 967-000-CHR
Windshield Keeper
http://www.wynneinc.com/Models/Parts/parts.html

They are from Perko so shop around

I would remove your existing ones soon before they attack the AL window frames, clean well and add TefGel Teflon paste to slow down and hopefully prevent corrosion. Personally, the keepers are a poor design using dissimilar metals and be made of aluminum or casted polymer that can be replaced . I might remove them and just use slider arms on new windows

On my boat the keepers corroded the frames severely and another issue is the glass is fogged. I spoke with Warthog and he said replacement was the best option

Hopefully we will replace the windows soon. The lead time is currently 6 weeks from Wynne.
Definitely plan to order longer slider arms

Back