2520 xl

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronbo

Reaction score
Hi all. New to forum. I am considering a new 2520 XL w/F300 Yamaha. Are there any members here that use a 2520 Xl to fish LIS? I will mostly go to Fishers Island and the Race but would like to take fair weather trips to Block Island and Montauk. Would like to know the ride is in various seas. I hope to ride in one soon to see for myself. Thanks. 8)

Is there a reason why you chose the xl over the xld? I have the older mod v (14 degree). Good for 2-3' rollers other then that it's gonna pound.. If I was buying new I would go deep v. You'll be boating in open ocean I'd go with the xld.

tomysel":3booe74l said:
Is there a reason why you chose the xl over the xld? I have the older mod v (14 degree). Good for 2-3' rollers other then that it's gonna pound.. If I was buying new I would go deep v. You'll be boating in open ocean I'd go with the xld.

X-2

I fish those areas with a mod v when mine pounds I use tabs to drop bow or slow down a little

That is the area I am in all the time. I have a 2120. I think you would be fine in either as long as you know what you are doing. I think it is under apriecated how rough things can get quickly around here but either model you would buy can handle it. Matter of fact I see guys out in the race at change of tide in aluminum John boats so clearly as long as it floats and you can pilot it..... as for me I think the deep V with a good set of tabs will go along way making the passengers happy..nick

Thanks for the input everyone. The xl is what the dealer has in stock. Not ordering new, so I have just a few xl boats to choose from. I think I would rather more stability on the drift than the speed. My only boat I ever owned was a 2002 Pro Line 22 CC that seemed to work good for fishing in LIS.

Back