Help me fix my winch roller for trailer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh123

Reaction score
Here is a picture of current winch. The strap goes over the roller but I don't think it should. How would you adjust it? How does yours look?

Should I slide the arm down a little and run strap below roller?

af8293dc560f64e30c14705efa0e7427.jpg

Look at the winch post....The winch was mounted correctly before....Now it's been moved up for some unknown reason?

Move it back down and run the strap under the roller.

Also.... The safety chain should go from the base of the winch stand where that loop is and then attach to the Bow eye.

Slamming on the brakes the boat will try and rise....The way it is now will let it rise.

The way I described will not.

I bought the trailer new but it was setup for a Grady. They said they would set it for he Parker but when I got it, it didn't look right. Now need to adjust it.

I don't think you need to adjust it just run the strap like west coast nuts pictures show then if it's not rite you can adjust it

Mike h":6enwc04s said:
I don't think you need to adjust it just run the strap like west coast nuts pictures show then if it's not rite you can adjust it

Nope....Look at West Coasts pix again....Look where the roller and the Bow eye are.

There are many functions going on here.

let me start by saying....."You are Responsible for Your Load!"

With that said.......The trailer should be easy to load.......The trailer should haul the load correctly...... The Load should not shift on the trailer....

The setup now has ALL the makings of the ability for the load to shift.

Every see the boat launched forward? Slack in things helps that. The load shifts, you have slack and the load has momentum to keep going.

I have seen that momentum bend winch stands.....and then there is bent winch stands and the boat in the back of the truck.

I've adjusted and tweaked a lot of trailers....You wouldn't belive how many people will just put up with a trailer out of wack.

West Coast... I don't know what size boat you have? But if it's a 22ft or above....That light duty Gray Strap needs to be changed to a Yellow strap.

I agree with Bobby.

Lower the winch so the strap has a straight(er) pull. Use the previous marks as a guide, but additional fiddling might be needed.
Then... relocate your safety chains, or use a heavy duty ratchet strap rather than chain.
A ratchet strap won't allow for slack like a chain gives you, and allow the boat to bounce. You do not want bounce.

I've got a 2320 SL Warthog. Thanks for pointing that out about the strap. And I was just thinking I was done spending money on my boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WestCoastNut":2xsuspbo said:
I've got a 2320 SL Warthog. Thanks for pointing that out about the strap. And I was just thinking I was done spending money on my boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never :)

gw204":2zwpbjkh said:
Looks like you could pivot the roller bracket up and get a more straight line pull.
i thought of that too, but i had to move the bottom whole assembly and where it sits on the trailer, its a bit weird. For now its ok and does what it needs. lol thanks for all the help!

Back