Electrical Circuit Breakers - 23230

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acosta

Reaction score
Its my understanding the amp rating of the circuit breakers on the switch panel are 10 amps. I just installed a new Johnson wash down pump and when not in use the pressure is building up to 10 amps (per rating of pump) and kicking the breaker on the switch panel. Anyone know if parker makes a higher amp breaker that i can replace for just this switch , or if you can replace aftermarket?

had the same problem just got a new breaker from a boat store and replaced it,i used a 15 amp

Yes No need to go to Parker.....Parker does not make circuit breakers.

Yes up the amperage with a replacement CB, but here's my question.......? Is the wiring capable of handling that uped amperage? Know this before you upgrade the CB.....The CB is there to Protect the wiring.

QwikSticks":2vmaomb6 said:
I had a similar issue when i upgraded to a bigger pump. Just install a relay by the pump with its own inline breaker connecting the pump and relay directly to the battery. run your dash switch wire to the switch side of the relay. That will fix the problem for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-EPAuto-Rela ... ight+relay

Yep...But now you have a fuse and Relay connections in the bilge....Right where you don't want it.....Extremely likely to get corroded in that damp environment.

Back