2120 Pilot House Windlass

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck fluke

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have a 03 2120 Pilot House and I want to put a windlass on it but the boat came without a pulpit. Can I just put some type of Bow Roller on the front and move the nav light? Any help and pictures would be great.

Chuck

Chuck,
I have a 2017 2120 Sport cabin and just had a windlass put on. I also do not have a pulpit. I used a lewmar 700 Pro series windlass with a lewmar bow roller. The windlass should be mounted 1 inch forward of the anchor locker hatch. This will allow for the anchor line to fall in the deepest part of the anchor locker. It's important to use 1/2 inch 8 plait anchor line with 1/4 inch chain. Lewmar sells the anchor, line, chain, swivel, including splice. I have a 14 lb claw anchor. If you go online under Lewmar you can see the whole package. Moving the running lights was not a problem. If you post your email address I will forward you pics.
Ron

Hi Ron
Thanks for the info. I purchase that line and chain already, I needed new anchor line when I got the boat this season. And that is the windlass that I was planning on buying. Here is my e-mail address. [email protected]

Thanks Ron the pictures will be a big help

Azorean Steve, sorry I don't know how to send the pics via Classic Parker.
Ron

chuck fluke":3upu01k1 said:
Hi Guys
I have a 03 2120 Pilot House and I want to put a windlass on it but the boat came without a pulpit. Can I just put some type of Bow Roller on the front and move the nav light? Any help and pictures would be great.

Chuck

Chuck, this is how I did my windlass install on my 2120. If tthis link does not work , you can search by author, " pnltbox' Frank

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15958&p=109197#p109197

Chuck,
I have a 2017 2120 Sport cabin and just had a windlass put on. I also do not have a pulpit. I used a lewmar 700 Pro series windlass with a lewmar bow roller. The windlass should be mounted 1 inch forward of the anchor locker hatch. This will allow for the anchor line to fall in the deepest part of the anchor locker. It's important to use 1/2 inch 8 plait anchor line with 1/4 inch chain. Lewmar sells the anchor, line, chain, swivel, including splice. I have a 14 lb claw anchor. If you go online under Lewmar you can see the whole package. Moving the running lights was not a problem. If you post your email address I will forward you pics.
Ron
Ron,
Been a few years since you posted this…but any chance you can send me some pics of your 2120 windlass and bow roller? I have the same boat without a pulpit and would like to mount a 700 ProFish and bow roller. What length is your bow roller?
Thanks…

Back