2003 parker 2520 XL performance numbers?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyboy

Reaction score
i just wanted to ask fellow 2520 XL owners what there performance numbers are while underway. i bay test today on a 2003 2520XL with a yamaha 225 four stroke and at 5,000 it was only doing 22.5 mph and at wide open 5600 only 25-26 MPH does that sound right?......

I have a 2520XL with a 250 so my numbers won't help you much. But it sounds slow to me. I get 25kts. at 4500-4600.

That speed does seem a little slow. I have a 1996 2520 with the original Mercury 225 two stroke. On a fairly calm day it cruises at 24 statute mph @ 4200 rpm. At that speed and rpm the lush sucks down 16 gph. That's the most economical cruise that I have been able to attain. Add some rough water to the equation and the economy goes WAY down. :(

Have you talked to anyone about trying a different prop? That may make a big difference.

I have an 02 2520 with an f225 and get about 25 knots out of it, fullout 5400 I have gotten 30 knots with a lighter load.

That does not sound right. I have a 2003 2520XL with a 225 Yamaha 4 stroke. With calm water (6" chop ) 1 person and 1/2 tank gas 4400-4500 24-27 MPH. WOT 5600 RPM 34MPH, trimmed to maximum performance 39.5 MPH

Which Hull are we talking about here I wonder? I have the modified v 2004 2520 xl, 225 and my numbers are spot on with Hotpursuit's numbers. That's trimmed with no tabs, but sometimes depending on fuel load and wind I can bang out another .5 with my tabs set right.
I gotta say, I do my own bottom work and many other boats every season and I've seen some jacked up paint jobs that easily rob 5mph from a boat. That's testimony from people I've done the work for too! Think "baby's ass" smooth or else your paying in performance. This could also be an engine problem as well, an injector usually doesn't just clog, they get restricted first. Hope this helps a bit, good luck!!

mrtodds":vxpy19im said:
Which Hull are we talking about here I wonder? I have the modified v 2004 2520 xl, 225 and my numbers are spot on with Hotpursuit's numbers. That's trimmed with no tabs, but sometimes depending on fuel load and wind I can bang out another .5 with my tabs set right.
I gotta say, I do my own bottom work and many other boats every season and I've seen some jacked up paint jobs that easily rob 5mph from a boat. That's testimony from people I've done the work for too! Think "baby's ass" smooth or else your paying in performance. This could also be an engine problem as well, an injector usually doesn't just clog, they get restricted first. Hope this helps a bit, good luck!!

what size prop is everybody running?

On the same set up as the OP my numbers were about the same. Had to prop turned down to a 13 pitch. WOT RPMs came up to 6000 and 38 mph with a light load of 80 gals of fuel 2 person and one 48qt ice chest with no gear. First trip with 4 divers and gear. 150lbs of ice and150 gals of gas the numbers dropped to 5000 rpms and 28 mph. Took at least 1/4 mile to get on plane.

I had a 250 etec I was intending for the boat the whole time. For diving it is far better than any 250 powered 2520 I have ever dove off of but it is still not great. This winter I will either repower with a G2 300, go with twin 200s or sell the whole rig and go back to a cat boat. Most of the diving I had done off Parkers has been in the Atlantic off the upper coast of Fl and the boats were great. The gulf of Mexico is a different sea completely with very steep close seas and almost always a very sloppy choppy condition. The Parker is one of the roughest boats I have ever been on in those type of conditions. If someone is else is driving and I am sitting on a bean bag in the back it is great, but driving the boat is a different story.

I own a 2005 2520xl with a 2016 Yamaha 300 on a bracket. At best, running a SWS2 15.5 x 17 max rpm is around 5300 ranging on load and sea, top end is 38-41mph burning 26.1gph; cruise is 4300 at 28-29mph and 15.5gph. The boat is has bottom paint, Westerbeke 5kw gen set, second station on bulkhead and 12k Webasto AC unit. Looking for suggestions in what prop to get in order to increase my top end rpm and speed, and cruise and keep at or decrease fuel consumption. I have read most of the threads and peoples performance numbers but have not seen anything that is much different than what I am getting besides the higher rpm. My prop has lost some bite and plan on using it as back up.

Has anyone tried...

Ultima4 14.75 x 15?
SWS2 15.5 x 15?

What hole position is the engine mounted?

Would be pumped to keep my top end 41mph+ and cruise at 30 -32mph @ 15.5

Thanks for your time!

Back