Jump seat removal on 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
Quick question. I have to change out my auto pilot pump which is located behind the passenger seat on the starboard of my 2015 2520 XLD. To have more room I am going to remove the 4 screws holding the entire unit to the deck. When I go to put it back should I just use some silicone? I am assuming this is just screwed to the deck rather than bolted........

I'll shoot some silicone in the holes and dab a little on the threads I figure that should do it, or I can use 5200. Most important is to seal screw against moisture/water seepage.

Maybe I'm mixing them up but I thought 4200 was the "less aggressive" one and 5200 was stronger one for below the water line stuff? So it that's correct don't use anything stronger than 4200 for the jump seat but silacone should be fine.

Hey Warthog, I am correct in assuming they are screws not machine bolts with a nut holding seating unit to deck?

Pie plate within reach while holding a wrench? its possible if there is but most likely not.

They are indeed screws. Granted mine is much older (1999) but those 4 screws stripped out over the years and when the boat was down at Young's over the winter for other work, I had them re-do the 4 screw holes and add 2 more.

Lucky John":9xncnbfz said:
Hey Warthog, I am correct in assuming they are screws not machine bolts with a nut holding seating unit to deck?

I've never removed one....My boat does not have jump seats....It's a 2530.

I got a hold of my installer yesterday and they are indeed regular ss screws. Going to bang this out tomorrow and hopefully my auto pilot/steering wows come to an end. Thanks for the replies fellas

Back