Windlass Achor Rode

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willf650

Reaction score
What are you guys doing for anchor rodes for your boats with a windlass? My boat has the factory lewmar profish windlass and I currently have a 8 plait rope that is 300' with 15' of chain. I find myself wishing I had 500' of rode for some places I wish to fish.

Anyone have a 500' line with a windlass and if so where did you get it?
Were you able to fit all of it in your anchor locker?

130'-150' deep in the particular location I speak of.

I fish that depth and got 600' plus 30' of chain on ebay from Seco South. It was cheaper on ebay than to go on their website or call and order. I don't remember the exact price but somewhere around 550 shipped

25ft of 1/4in BBB or G4 chain and 600ft of 1/2in line. Mines 3 strand.

But ...That will not fit in a stock anchor locker.

I modified my anchor locker.... Pix's are on my build page under projects..... But Photobucket wants lots of money now.

I haven't figured out what to do with that?

Th 8 Plaite lays flatter but with that said I still have to make a sweep with my arm and pull some rode back in the locker to prevent a jam or hockle.

warthog5":3v938qq2 said:
I modified my anchor locker.... Pix's are on my build page under projects..... But Photobucket wants lots of money now.

I haven't figured out what to do with that?

I've been using SmugMug for years. It's not free but they only want $55 a year for unlimited photo storage. They also have a nice phone app to look at your pictures or upload and download picture from your phone. You can also pick from 10 different sizes of image to embed in forums and such.

Your probably at the mercy of PhotoBucket at this point. Can you at least download your photos to retrieve them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back