Dive Ladder Mounted on Bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windknotnc

Reaction score
Can some of you post pics of dive ladders mounted on your brackets. I am going to add one but don't want to duplicate anyone's mistake. What works best? What location? What brand/model ladder and mount? How do you remove the ladder and ensure it doesn't go overboard? Any experiences or successes much appreciated.

Brent":3bek0ytc said:
Warthog has the best setup

B2

Thank You....Unfortionality Photobucket is holding my pix's hostage after all these years. They only want $399.00 a year now. :(

It's mounted underneath ...The thing you want to remember is isolate the stainless from the alum.

This means the holes that are drilled thru the alum bracket need to be enlarged.....But don't do the final drilling until you have the right size nylon bushings in hand. Think I got them at Lowes. The fasteners also get nylon flat washers under the stainless washers. Remember isolation is imparitive to stopping corrosion.

Brent":3rhil775 said:
We have Armstrong ladder and mounted on back side on bracket about a foot after away from motor

B2

A lot of folks do. They are big and bulky....They have to be stored somewhere. If you fall in the water no way to mount the ladder and climb out by yourself.

Mine is an Armstrong ladder and mounting bracket and it is well made but cumbersome to use and easy to drop in the water but it came with the boat!

By far, Warthog's bracket is superior in functionality and looks super sharp and professional
It is always ready to use and mounted permanently and securely.

That is plain horse poop of Photobucket. I use Google Drive for pics, docs, email, etc ... sure it is a a bit quirky but with time it is has a lot of features and easy to organize pics, and lots of there free software. It is free and every so often there is a survey or something and if you complete it, they increase your storage limit. I have around 20G of storage. To me the best deal is buy Office 365 subscription for no more than $100 per year (I have it for $70 per year) and you will have full MS Office suite of software plus 1TB that is terabyte or 1000 G of cloud storage.
m2cw

I have a 2300 CC which I dive off of most every weekend out of Morehead City. I had a dive ladder fabricated at a local welder to my specs. It is bolted onto the platform of the boat and swings up and down as needed. You will also need a bar or handle to grab onto when boarding the boat. We are able to board the boat without taking off our tanks, fins or any equipment. I highly recommend whatever do do, have it set up that you can do the same.

I am not a fan of the armstrong ladders because I do not consider them heavy duty enough to handle the diving like we have in NC. You don't want to be going out on the swim platform putting a ladder on or taking it off when you are out in the ocean.

I am more than happy to send you pictures via email or to answer any questions you may have about my ladder.

Soca

Back