Replace Deck on 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck fluke

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Im have a 03 2120 pilot house and I have some soft spots around the both deck plate area. I want to cut out the deck and replace it. Also more then likely replace the tank while I have it open. Is the deck screw in at all? When you cut the deck will it come off easy? Any info would be great.
Thanks
Chuck

I did my 99 2520 a couple years ago....I used a skill saw leaving 3 inches of the existing deck to bevel and re-glass to. The deck when mine was built had all nails and no screws at all. It had some sort of sealant or bedding but not much. Do some test holes with a hole saw to see where the rot is and also find your stringers. Eric at Parker also e-mailed me my stringer layout. The tank was fairly easy to remove and I actually used an old hand saw to cut the foam between the tank and stringers all the way around then a pry bar to pull out the foam. Pry bar only because it fit nicely between the two. Once removed I used a wire brush on a drill to completely remove all of the foam. I then replaced the tank / foamed it in and sent it out to a guy in Bristol RI for the deck replacement. This saved me a bit of $ doing it but also got a good look at the below deck and stringer condition. If you plan on doing it all yourself its not that bad but if you are going to trailer it like I did leave some of the deck in place to give structural support while traveling. I will see if I have any pictures but they were on an old I phone that I have and doubt I will be able to unlock it not knowing the password.

Back