Cabin floor drain blockage and moisture in cabin light

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PF79

Reaction score
I own a 2012 2520 XLD. I'm in Northern California. We get lots of rain.I have two issues:

1. Cabin floor drain will not drain to the rear bilge due to blockage. Water is generated through the anchor locker during rain storms. I have tried to break it loose with no luck. Anyone have a solution as I have read on this forum that others have the same problem.

2. Cabin light continually generates moisture in the glass. I have caulked the roof penetrations twice and it still appears. I'm thinking it is generating it's own moisture through condensation. Anyone else experience this??

1. Cabin floor drain will not drain to the rear bilge due to blockage. Water is generated through the anchor locker during rain storms. I have tried to break it loose with no luck. Anyone have a solution as I have read on this forum that others have the same problem.

Make a cover for windlass or post a pic of the topside

Try a hose with nozzle or flexible snake from transom bilge side of the limber hole to open it
or wet/dry shop vacuum inside the cabin

2. Cabin light continually generates moisture in the glass. I have caulked the roof penetrations twice and it still appears. I'm thinking it is generating it's own moisture through condensation. Anyone else experience this??[/quote]

I don't understand how the light is attached to ceiling
If it has bolts through to the roof, you could pull the bolts, drill oversize holes then fill with epoxy then drill smaller holes
Why does a cabin light need to be bolted through the roof?
and or
Try replacing filament bulb with LED bulb. They use a lot less electricity and produce less heat

m2cw

Sounds like they left a lot of debris in your boat like they did mine. My dealer had his mechanic come and he wound up using scope and put a fiberglass pull rod through the opening from the rear bilge to the forward bilge. There was a lot of debris from construction, found a couple of grinding discs, all sorts of fiberglass shards,foam etc.
The forward bilge is wired so that it will only come on when the battery is turned on even with the float switch. I also learned from Parker that there will always be some water sitting in the forward bilge as it is the lowest point in the boat. I keep a hand pump in there and pump out if necessary. I always monitor it because the computer ball to my auto pilot is mounted in there and if it gets soaked I will be spending $$$$ to replace.
The only time I ever get any water in the rear bilge is when I get splashed or hauled out.
I also had water in my light. it came from the radar mount. I tightened all the bolts and all is good. I have a brand new led light with clear and blue which will plug right in and has same screw alignment if you need it. I paid 69 but you can have it for 50 if you want.

PF79":21bv7tu6 said:
I own a 2012 2520 XLD. I'm in Northern California. We get lots of rain.I have two issues:

2. Cabin light continually generates moisture in the glass. I have caulked the roof penetrations twice and it still appears. I'm thinking it is generating it's own moisture through condensation. Anyone else experience this??

I had a 2120 with the same problems, I used a electrical snake to clear the drain, as far as the light getting water in it, Mine was was caused by the navigation light on the roof, once I resealed that it stopped.

I have an older 2320 that was previously used as a dive boat. I guess the guy anchored in a lot of mud areas because the drain was blocked up with mud. It was an easy fix but it had been blocked up for a while.

Anyway, from inside the cabin I had a 6" pie plate that went down to a bilge pump. First I cut open the whole in the floor and replaced pie plate with hatch. That gave me easy access to the bilge area. Once in there I took a 12" screw driver and shoved it through the drain hole. It was nasty but a ton of mud broke up with a severe smell to it and probably a couple of gallon of water came through the drain. With the debris broke free I just used a hose to spray back up into the drain and let it drain for a while. Works fine now.

I thought about putting a a small pie plate down in the cuddy floor so I could really clean it out, might still do that one day. Not the best picture but this is the hatch I put in the cabin.

Attachments

• 20160603_183420 Resized.jpg
    20160603_183420 Resized.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 208
Back