I need some advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin2233

Reaction score
I am new to this site but a friend on the blackfin site recommend I come here for Parker info. I sold my 29 blackfin FB, it was a bit to big and not the right set up for my family or my home. Me and my wife have been in love with the Parker 2520 pilothouse, the issue I am having is the area I will be keeping my boat sometimes has 16-24 inches of water. I know the 2520 needs more water I was wondering if someone could point me in a direction of something that will fit my application that isn't a CC. Me and my family need something with alot of shade.

I am on the Chesapeake bay not on a creek or anything but it is shallow for probably 3 football fields before it drops to 3-4 ft

All the shade on a Parker PH is forward under the cabin roof. 2/3 of the boat from the cabin aft is unshaded and will require some sort of bimini top set up in the back to provide the shade I think you are looking for.

Parkers aren't particularly heavy or light so draft is on par with just about any other similar 21 degree DV or mod V hull with an outboard. Draft I think is published as 18 inches. The 25 PH has got a 9'6" beam so she s a big girl to tow.

She's gonna live on a lift and a boattel in the winter and I have a f350 so pulling power isn't a problem what model gets close to fitting my bill are the DVS draw to much water? And I was planning on a 2/3 Bimini for the back for shade if a pilothouse will fit in my water depth

Mod V = 15"

DV= 17"

Per Parker's website

The DV is an offshore machine. The MV is a great coastal boat/offshore on nice days.

There is member "B-faithful" who has a really nice boat (not a Parker but similar) that can do skinny water and get offshore. Find his posts here on CP.

grouperjim":j7dgk824 said:
Mod V = 15"

DV= 17"

Per Parker's website

The DV is an offshore machine. The MV is a great coastal boat/offshore on nice days.
So with limited water, and being in the Chesapeake bay where storms blow up quick. And with a young family what do you recommend [emoji2] ? And I am looking forward to fishing and cruising a ton!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For skinny water and off shore ability maybe you should look at a world cat. The DC models with hard tops offer lots of shade. If you want to complete the close in you can. I was a big fan of the 230dc. Did everything well

Justin2233":1emuh08u said:
grouperjim":1emuh08u said:
Mod V = 15"

DV= 17"

Per Parker's website

So with limited water, and being in the Chesapeake bay where storms blow up quick. And with a young family what do you recommend [emoji2] ? And I am looking forward to fishing and cruising a ton!

I actually have looked at a few cats I just can't convince myself that is the boat for us

Don't overlook the Judge 27 with a single. I have always liked this model.

Attachments

• b-faithful-albums-2009-judge-yachts-27-chesapeake-picture36296-kids-i-first-day.jpg
    b-faithful-albums-2009-judge-yachts-27-chesapeake-picture36296-kids-i-first-day.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 622
Justin, I may have misunderstood but you said she is gonna live on a lift in the summer??? If so, a lift takes up approx. the first 2' of water by itself, which doesn't sound like it will work for you.. I live on the Chesapeake and had to plan trips around low tides and west winds until I lengthened my pier two years ago. It is a pain. The type of bottom you have is a big factory. some areas are all loose mud that you can sink into your knees which is very forgiving and gets displaced over time, a little hydraulic dredging can fix that. Sandy and hard bottoms your gonna have a problem for sure. what part of the bay do you live on, Mike

Check me if I'm wrong but those draft numbers are for the boat itself; the gearcase on an outboard will at least double those figures. The boat may float in 10 inches of water but your outboard won't clear. If you really want the 25 Parker put a kicker motor on it to get through the shallows; beat up a relatively cheap motor and preserve your big Yamaha and prop for open water.

TWOBOATER":3c5p8j03 said:
Check me if I'm wrong but those draft numbers are for the boat itself; the gearcase on an outboard will at least double those figures. The boat may float in 10 inches of water but your outboard won't clear. If you really want the 25 Parker put a kicker motor on it to get through the shallows; beat up a relatively cheap motor and preserve your big Yamaha and prop for open water.

YES!

From someone that beaches their parker all the time, the bow of the boat is much lower than the stern. I off load people and gear on a coble beach frequently and my stern can get in much skinner water than the bow, the difference between chest waiters and extra tough boots. With my high transom notch, I get through some skinny water, but the kicker idea is great. you can put it on an adjustable mount so the prop can stay above the bottom of the transom for slow speeds, it works. From experience, my bottom paint has not lasted very long but I trailer so not a big deal for me.

Moose.....

We use a windless w/ remote control. We drop anchor and back up to the beach. Boat is in reverse backing....a quick shut down and tilt the motor. That is where a small anchor is deployed to the beach and with the remote we can easily adjust the boat.

My Granddaughters can easily depart from the boat to the beach. We do have full transom and bracket...That adds to it being nice.

No gellcoat being scraped up.......13 cutting edges in 1 grain of sand.

That sounds like a neat idea, but our tides hear are very fast. We can have up to 25' in 6 hours. Most of the time we have someone in waiters holding the boat off the beach.

If only it was sand I beach on:) I know I'm rough on my boat, but the hull has done very well, I only see a few blue paint marks on the beach when I'm done.

Attachments

• Photo-Jun-21,-8-18-54-AM.jpg
    Photo-Jun-21,-8-18-54-AM.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 453
Back