Parker 23DVCC - Design Change? Ever happen?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
I think the earliest Parker 23DV hull that I've seen are from the early 1990's. Did Linwood Parker ever change the hull from that time period until today?

I'm not talking about the cap or any of the liners or the cabin versions. Simply the hull of the 23 DV. Has it ever been modified?

Hey Chris,

Congrats on the 23DV.

The hull........not that I am aware of. Gas tank placement further fwd in 2006........possibly. Batteries out of the transom and further fwd on a shelf in the bilge possibly. Larger center console yes.

Thanks Jim. I'm of the same opinion as you ........ I don't recall Parker ever changing the 23 DV

Yes, I'm leaving Bradenton tonight after dinner with the family and hope to be in VA Beach tomorrow by early afternoon. Hook-up the boat and immediate start heading back south. I'm excited to have the 23 DV. I think that it will be a great boat for me/us.

The 2801 was just a little too big for keeping on the trailer and launching every time I wanted to use her. Plus ...... she was thirsty at 1.5-1.7 mpg. My neighbor purchased the boat from me.

I'll be taking your advice and purchase a Rev4 19" prop for the engine and consider a Permatrim tab. (yes, I've read many of your posts describing your performance tests ...... thanks for documenting all of this information)

GoodChance":1tucpam4 said:
I'll be taking your advice and purchase a Rev4 19" prop for the engine and consider a Permatrim tab. (yes, I've read many of your posts describing your performance tests ...... thanks for documenting all of this information)

The Rev4 17 will serve you better than the 19. Get it from Ken (Prop Gods) in Sarasota. He'll switch them out until you find the performance you want. Also, if there is room the best spot for batts is in the console.

If you find yourself wanting to do a deep trip on the 2801 you're welcome to go anytime. Launch out of War Veterans/JP.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks for that correction Jim .

I thought you were recommending the 17" Rev 4 for the 23DV Pilothouse version but the 18 or 19" Rev 4 for the CC

I do plan on moving the batteries to the console.

GoodChance":3w2rgaxm said:
Thanks for that correction Jim .

I thought you were recommending the 17" Rev 4 for the 23DV Pilothouse version but the 18 or 19" Rev 4 for the CC

I do plan on moving the batteries to the console.

You know that 2004 23DVCC had a F225 so the 17 was the easy choice. Running heavy and in rough seas the 19 dragged a bit with the F250 PH DV hull. When running the Rev4 I preferred the punch/handling of the 17p to the speed of the 19p. Ken will give you both to try. With the Permatrim my 2320's best performer and best economy was a Mirage 15 3/8 (3 blade) 18p that I had labbed.

grouperjim":3der5hs6 said:
GoodChance":3der5hs6 said:

The Rev4 17 will serve you better than the 19. Get it from Ken (Prop Gods) in Sarasota. He'll switch them out until you find the performance you want. Also, if there is room the best spot for batts is in the console.

If you find yourself wanting to do a deep trip on the 2801 you're welcome to go anytime. Launch out of War Veterans/JP.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks Jim - I'll take you up on that offer and I'll be happy to bring a handful of my own numbers that I'll share with you.

I'll send you a PM with my number

Chris

i think for 2017 the 23's have a new transom design. saw a few pictures with an integrated bait well and tuna door.

Back