Hello! Stuck between Parker 21 and Steiger 21...convince me?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris9183

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post.

In about 3 years, after we've paid off some debt and put a down payment on a house, I will be purchasing either a Parker 2120 SC or a Steiger 21 Miami. Whichever I purchase, it will be new. Frankly, I'm in love with both boats and am having a very tough time deciding. I find myself flip-flopping between the two every few days and it's driving me mad.

I read a post from thehulltruth that stated the only wood used in the 2120 these days is the stringers, and the deck. I was hoping I could confirm that here. At this point, I don't have much of an issue with partial-wood construction, as I've heard tons of good reports from long-time Parker owners who've never had any rot issues whatsoever. On the flipside, I've heard almost no negative feedbacks about it. But, I know you guys on this forum will have a closer familiarity with the 2120, and I wanted to ask ya'll: assuming I give the same love and care to this boat that I'd give to any other boat on the market (garage-kept, dry, with drain plug removed to allow moisture to escape hull, etc) will the wood in this construction give me any additional maintenance costs/problems down the road that I wouldn't experience with a full fiberglass hull?

Also, I was hoping to get your opinions on the differences between the Steiger 21 and Parker 2120, what advantages/disadvantages the differences may offer, etc.

I want to lean more toward the Parker due to the lowered cost and the fact that my nearest Parker dealer is much closer than my nearest Steiger dealer, but my bottom line is the boat quality and longevity, not necessarily the cost difference and dealer location.

Thank you for any input! It will really help me.

Three years from now you'll have picked- and flipped/flopped 4 or 5 more times on what boat to get.

Relax and go play with the dog or take your wife to dinner for the next 2.5 years.

To answer your question ..... I've seen both and been on the 21 Parker. Both are very similar. Go with whichever boat/cabin layout that you prefer. Don't worry about the wood....... it will outlive your ownership. But keep in mind that Parker will have a better resale.

GoodChance":3o87kb8y said:
Three years from now you'll have picked- and flipped/flopped 4 or 5 more times on what boat to get.

Relax and go play with the dog or take your wife to dinner for the next 2.5 years.

LOL.

It really is a matter of personal preference. I ran a 2120 for 8 years before bumping up to my 2520. I had looked at the Steiger 21 and wound up with a Parker as I felt the fit and finish was better on the Parker, and the Steiger dealer in my area was like a used car salesman.In fact I got annoyed when he quoted me a price in July and when I went to in water boat show in AC he stated that he never offered me the boat at that price, that is when I said screw them. I am not a fan of the baitwell that they now use in the 2120 as it takes up too much room. Good luck on whatever boat you choose.

X2 ..Like LJ said on the new baittank design. Buying new I would try to swing the 2320 or buy a 2 year old 2320 to make up the difference. Deck space is much different.

Back