After market helm seats

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David

Reaction score
:?: Curious if anyone has changed out their helm seats for a more comfortable model that may have some suspension and support? I have a 2005 2510. Thank you :?:

David":3ulf94xe said:
:?: Curious if anyone has changed out their helm seats for a more comfortable model that may have some suspension and support? I have a 2005 2510. Thank you :?:

Dave,

I have an aftermarket helm chair made by Arrigoni Marine out of Clinton CT. I toyed with the idea of putting in some sort of suspension pedestal, but messing with the bolts or big wood screws currently holding my pedestal still securely in place scares me. I called Parker trying to get some information as to how the pedestal is attached and was told that the boat either has a plate in the floor and the pedestal is bolted in, or the pedestal could be held in with big wood screws. Not wanting to open up Pandora's Box, I figured as long as the pedestal is still solid, I would not mess with it.

New seat slid ok on to the standard pedestal and the seat is MUCH more comfortable then the stock seat. I use a 45 QT RTIC Cooler for a foot rest and it is really comfortable most of the time. That being said on "those days" when even us Parker Loving Boat Owners must admit, this head sea SUCKS and despite engine and trim tab, you still gotta slow way down, even with the fancy seat, the ride can be rough. The aftermarket seat is quite a bit bigger then stock and seemed to get in the way initially, but I have grown used to it.

Overall I am glad that I made the purchase. If you go with both an upgraded seat and have the courage to install a suspension pedestal the improvement would be greater.

If I ever have issues with my pedestal, the replacement will have some sort of suspension but as long as the mounting of my current pedestal remains solid, I will let sleeping dogs lie and stay with the stock unit.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 817
Put these in my boat about 6 months ago.
Bentley seats and smooth move bases.
A huge improvement and so far the bases have been awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 698
I believe the seats were about 550 each and the bases were about 500 each. Something like that

mark":2uohtfxl said:
Put these in my boat about 6 months ago.
Bentley seats and smooth move bases.
A huge improvement and so far the bases have been awesome.

Back