Need advise on installing a pedestal seat on my 2014 Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunot

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Parker 2320 SL ( pilot house ) I need advise on how to install a pedestal seat where my current side bench seat and storage cabinet is located.

I checked with Parker and was advised that the raised deck under the bench seat has 3/4 plywood under the fiberglass. Can I use toggle bolts or screw lags into the plywood floor?

Any thoughts would be great.

BrunoT

Thanks for the info. Once installed I'm going to use my brother as a "crash dummy" in the new seat to see how the bolts hold up.

I have be thinking of both ways to bolt the pedestal to the floor using either lag screws or toggle bolts. I checked with a Parker dealer and he advised me that Parker has an aluminum plate sandwiched in between the plywood and fiberglass under the helm seat allowing lag screws to screw into it.

The bench side has only 3/4 inch plywood and fiberglass over it. I don't know if Parker filled the raised floor in that area with foam but I'm going to find out once I drill into it. I was told that it was just a cavity with nothing in it.

Once I have the new seat in place I plan on cutting the storage cabinet and seat down and placing it against the rear bulkhead behind the new pedestal seat.

When I took the cabinet and bench seat off it was held with 7 screws about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inche long. The new pedestal has a 9 inch base with 6 screw holes. The pedestal is 3 1/2 inches in diameter.

I ordered a shock absorbing pedestal from CVI Promotions/Marine - 727 424-8254 They make various sizes of these pedestals. The material that I have read on it looks better than seasupension at a much lower cost. I ordered an 18 inch standard thru base shock absorbing pro pedestal - 3018PTB. The cost was $495. The owners name was Greg and was very helpful and knowledgeable.

I have a Seasuspension pedestal on my helm side so I will be able to check the difference.

I'll let you know how it works

BrunoT

I'd bore a hole thru the deck in the middle of the pedestal, using a holesaw big enough to ge your hand thru....The screw the ring in with the same bolt pattern as the pedestal. The round ring is cut in half to get it thru the hole. 2 screws from the top hold the ring in place on the bottom side of the floor.

The pedistal is then installed using bolts that go thru the pedistal and screw into the ring.

Nothing is stronger, cleaner and.......If for some reason it needs to be removed and reinstalled at a later date. Much easier.

MadGar":s1a3bc1s said:
Brunot, I would use lag bolts (in fact, I would bet your current pedastal seats are just lag bolted in, mine were). I used them to mount a seat box I built for my 2320 and its held up great.

Was this a custom project?

Just curious if you wouldn't mind posting a pic of this?

I'm toying with the idea of changing the seating arrangement in my 2320. Just not sure what I want to do yet.

Thanks-AK

A-K":5syjfd4c said:
MadGar":5syjfd4c said:
Brunot, I would use lag bolts (in fact, I would bet your current pedastal seats are just lag bolted in, mine were). I used them to mount a seat box I built for my 2320 and its held up great.

Was this a custom project?

Just curious if you wouldn't mind posting a pic of this?

I'm toying with the idea of changing the seating arrangement in my 2320. Just not sure what I want to do yet.

Thanks-AK

AK, there are several very good mods done in the project section where individuals altered their seating. Mine is at the following
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16657

There are others you should view through as there are some talented individuals on this site.

Here is another mod option fits perfect, 160qt Yeti.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 208
Back