AC unit for 2520XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wejohns

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding an AC unit to the boat (2520XL) before next summer. Has anyone done this, if so what type of unit did you go with? How much of an issue was the install.

I put one in a 2120. I used a Webasto FCF 5,000 BTU unit. I've been very happy with it so far. I just finished the last parts of this project this summer as I did it over the past 2 off seasons due to several components to it & time/money. Here are the links to my projects which may help with some of your questions and ideas? I learned a lot from these projects so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16478

What did you use to the get carpet on the walls so clean? Not sure why Parker puts carbon steel nuts on stainless bolts on the inside of the cabin.

Yes, the rust from the bolts is a pain. I used a mix of water and bleach in a garden pump sprayer. Soaked whole thing down good then let sit for 15/20 minutes then took my hose and rinsed it out from top to bottom. Then went back over some of the bad spots with rust etc with oxyclean & lightly scrubbed/rubbed and rinsed again. Turned out pretty good. Mine is stored in a barn now so I can keep the ports open so hoping to avoid cleaning it again or at least for a long time. Coming to the end of the first season since doing it anc it still looks good. I discovered that putting 2 links on one reply seems to make one of the links not work? Here is the other one and the link to the original AC instal other link is on reply above.

viewtopic.php?t=17133

Back