Fuel lines

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzumi

Reaction score
So it's time to replace my fuel lines on my 2007 2520 XL but I'm going to need a little help:

A) Which lines are we talking about? Obviously, the flexible hose that goes from the tank to the fuel filter. Also, the squeeze bulb and the hose to the motor. But how about the fuel filler tube and the vent hose?

B) How do I determine the dimensions of the hoses? On the hose from tank to fuel filter it is marked "1676A" but I do not see inner diameter printed on it. I sent a message to Parker asking if they happen to know the specs but have not heard back.

C) Any thing else I should know? I imagine the sequence of events will be something along the lines of (1) detach hose from fuel filter; consider attaching end of old hose to end of new hose with a short nipple; (2) pull old hose out, pulling new hose in; (3) detach hose from tank fitting; (4) attach new hose at both ends using new ss hose clamps.

Can't be that simple, can it? Appreciate any thoughts, ideas, suggestions.

John

Check on posts by Warthog. He has some excellent points regarding putting the fuel bulb between the tank and the fuel filter, rather than between the filter and the engine.

You want 3/8in A-1 or A-2 fuel hose from the tank to the filter.
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/trident ... -fuel-hose

I use a Blue hose that is exposed from filter to motor. It has a thinner wall and is more flexible.
https://www.boatpartsforless.com/shop/m ... fuel-hose/

And yes put the squeeze ball between the tank and filter. It operates best if the squeeze ball is vertical.

Use a OEM squeeze ball. There have been problems with aftermarket ones in the past.

If your in this deep....You may want to go ahead and remove the spring and ball in the antisiphon valve that screws into the tank at the pick up.
You take it off the tank and use a drift punch to knock the ball and spring out...Then reinstall the fitting.
These have been known to stick shut and leave boaters stranded.

I'd recommend installing a ON/OFF fuel valve at the inlet of the filter.
Looks like this for a single tank. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-VALVE-SHU ... 1491746682

Vent hose is 5/8in https://www.wholesalemarine.com/marine- ... -hose-5-8/

Have fun wrestling that beast.

Thanks for all the excellent info.

Do I install the fuel shut off valve only if I remove the spring and ball of the antisiphon and do you shut this valve every time you put the boat away?

Lastly, should I go ahead and also replace the fill hose?

Personally being is that the boat is 10yrs old..I would not replace the Fill and Vent hoses, unless there is a real problem.

It's pretty tough stuff.

The shut off goes at the IN side of the filter, so it does not gravity feed fuel when you are doing a filter change. That's the only time it gets Shut Off.

OK, got it, thanks.

I do not know if there is a problem with the filler or the vent. Lately, when we fill up fuel starts coming out of the vent when you still have 15 gallons or so yet to get to full. Now, this also could be due to the marina getting a higher capacity fuel pump system, but we've tried slowing it down manually and it still doesn't like to get to full.

And, yes, I'd like to avoid replacing the fill and vent tubes if it's not necessary. It looks like they are foamed in with that expanding foam stuff.

Sounds like a venting problem. It's fairly common....some boats worse than others.

This is the reason when a replacement tank is built.....when it's time.....I vent both ends of the tank.

What I have my tank builder do is use alum tubing across the top of the tank and go into each end of the tank. Then stub up where the vent was from the factory. Attach the 5/8in hose and run it out like it was stock.

What this does, is if for some reason one end cant vent well....The other end will and you can fuel at full bore till shes full without it popping off till it's full.

Theres a Lot of little tricks I've learned from tearing a Lot of boats apart and running into problems and seeking a better way to do things.

Now the factory is not going to care....They could care less how long or how slow it takes to put fuel in it. Their about bean counting.

Back