Thinking of buying an older 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Costamesaspearo

Reaction score
Hi Guys, found an older 1995 2530 with a Volvo 5.7 wanted to get experienced knowledge from you guys. What should I be worried about, is there anything I should need to know before ordering a survey? The boat is store in New York and winterized, being from California I am not familiar with that process. Any input would be great, thanks for the input!

I have that boat in a Outboard version.

I'd Never own a I/O... To much room taken up in the cockpit. I/O's are just a PITA to work on. Lot's of corrosion in a I/O to break bolts off.

If money wasn't a object.... What I would change in mine is Deep V.....It's a Med. V that I own.

The 2530 is the extended cabin version of the 2520, so you get a little more cabin and a little less cockpit, but still retain the 9'6" beam.
As Bobby said, the I/O motor box also takes up cockpit space, but some folks like that and use the motor box for extra seating.
That is a personal call on how you expect to use the boat.

As with any boat, maintenance is key, so ask for any maintenance records for the motor and outdrive.
I/O's have heat exchangers that need to be replaced every so many years (dependent on use).
They also have seals, universals, and sometimes bellows on the drive unit that are also a maintenance item.
Outboards require maintenance and so do I/O's. There is no free lunch.

Since you are in CA and the boat is in NY and already winterized, you might want to talk with a surveyor to see if doing one now is possible.
If the price is right and you can handle the shipping, it might be a good deal. Not many 2530's out there, so she is a true Classic Parker.

Thanks for the input Guys, I've owned multiple inboards and 2 outboards over the years. Definitely prefer dual outboards when buying any ocean boat but my local marina only has 28' slip, otherwise it's a 2-3 year wait. So a 2530 inboard with a folding swim step is my only option unless I go to a 2320. We spend multiple day trips camping on the island so the extended cabin would be nice. Currently own a striper and want something a little more long distance capable and stable, also the boat I'm looking at has a deep v and big plus!

Is there anything I should be concerned about with a mid 90's Parker or be looking for?

Is there anything I should be concerned about with a mid 90's Parker or be looking for?

Not really. I wish PhotoBucket wouldn't have screwed us and held us hostage. I'm big into pix's and showing details.

I have a full thread with a LOT of pages of all the stuff I've done to mine. The list is Long.....But the boat was damn near bare bones Stock when I got it.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419

It didn't even have trim tabs on it. I've modified and improved things to make it a fishing boat......not that we fish much anymore....Lot's of parting :)

As Bobby said... not really.
The boats themselves are pretty much bulletproof.
Care and maintenance are the only concerns.

Great to hear guys, ya I've been digging through the old post for the last week. Found some great information and builds on here, look forward to buying the 2530.

Decks and fuel tanks would be a concern on a mid 90's Parker. The 2530 is a nice model but you couldn't GIVE me an I/O. repairs (and down time) can be astronomical even with good preventive maintenance.

Back