Fluid in tell tale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
Was just out fishing water was flat and I was idling out of gear when I noticed the water coming out of the tell tale was leaving a sheen on the water. Dunno weather it could be gas or oil. it was a cold day 38degrees and the water temp was 50 degrees. The motor was running fine. Any thoughts

I had the corrosion fix done at1000 hrs I have 1575 on it now. Just changed the oil this week so I can keep an eye on it

Mike, I’m inclined to think you are seeing unspent fuel and or residue from your exhaust in the water. There are 2 possible reasons. First, you have a thermostat stuck open and the cooler running cylinders are not burning all of the fuel. Second, have you added perhaps a heavy dose of Ringfree or fuel additive to your tank lately? This could cause the same type of residue in the water. Check those two theories out. Good luck.

Thanks guys but I think I scared myself for nothing. Like I had said I change the oil last Saturday and I greased all the fittings What I was seeing was the grease around the lower fitting where it expands out past the seal just dissipating in the water. I feel dumb and releaved at the same time

I had the same when i replaced my steering shaft after i ran the boat and parked it back in the slip the next day i saw a sheen on top of the water. I also freakes myself out untill i saw all the greese coming out of the shaft. Cleaned it off and havnt seen in a couple months now.

Back