So I found these in my bilge yesterday. Concern?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimC2520

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm the original owner, 1999 2520 MVSC. Everything is original except electronics updated from time to time.
I keep the bilge dry, even going so far as to sponge up what little accumulates in the forward bilge before I leave at the end of the day (which is always less than a half inch maybe).
There are no soft spots anywhere that I can find. What do you think? These are definitely pieces of plywood.

I think you need to throw them in the trash and move on.....Stop worrying about it...You can't do anything about it anyway.

May have come from underside of the deck.....Who knows?

Pieces of wood. Who knows how long they've been in the bilge, where they originated or how they got there. Could be pieces off the underside of the deck. Or could be chips from the original construction that were never vacuumed-up.

Don't worry about them at this point. You said the deck is solid.

At least you got a quarter out of it!! Maybe the wood was on its way to becoming paper bills!! You should have left them in there! :lol:

Construction debris.

When I first bought my 1996 model year boat in 2003, I did a thorough soap and water wash and flush of my bilge that was soaked in ATF due to a leaking trim tab HPU. It was a mess.
During that process I flushed out pieces of wood, fiberglass, and especially parts and pieces of cable ties that were missed in the cleanup process before the top cap went on.
Years later, small pieces of debris would still occasionally work its way aft.

It's normal.

Kevin has it right. Good ol' construction debris. Parker is bad about that.

My previous Parkers it was about a half a dozen sanding discs that eventually made there way to the bilge. My new 28 is/was pieces of wood exactly like yours x100 or so. Seems that someone at the factory left a small piece of plywood likely a shim of some sort and being water soaked up fwd it finally disintegrated after a 100 hrs of boat use. But you know what........no sanding discs this time. lol

Back