what windlass for 2520 Parker XL?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captnick

Reaction score
I hate to admit it but I'm at the age pulling in 300ft. of anchor rode in choppy seas by myself isn't an option anymore. What kind of windlasses do you guys like on your XL's? I don't usually anchor in more than 100ft. We do have lobster pots to get caught up on occasionally so I'd rather go bigger than I might otherwise need.

captnick":34qd059q said:
I hate to admit it but I'm at the age pulling in 300ft. of anchor rode in choppy seas by myself isn't an option anymore. What kind of windlasses do you guys like on your XL's? I don't usually anchor in more than 100ft. We do have lobster pots to get caught up on occasionally so I'd rather go bigger than I might otherwise need.
Get a free fall with remote control. Check warthog 2530 project

B2

Yep....But you say you would rather go bigger.

Here's the problem with that. It will need a larger line and chain....Larger line takes up more space in a already small anchor locker. Not enough space and you will get hocks and kinks in your line and it will jamb up.

warthog5":1qdfweft said:
Yep....But you say you would rather go bigger.

Here's the problem with that. It will need a larger line and chain....Larger line takes up more space in a already small anchor locker. Not enough space and you will get hocks and kinks in your line and it will jamb up.
good point.

Back