Eliminating water from entering the anchor locker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PF79

Reaction score
I have a 2012 2520 XLD. Per design rain water and sea water gets into the anchor locker which ends up in the front bilge. Anyone have a good idea on how to block the hole in the cover that is permanent and looks decent??

I have not done it but I have seen it set up this way on non-Parker hulls. Essentially eliminate the small drain hole in the bottom of the anchor locker then drill a hole through the hull and fit a thru-hull (clam shell etc.) style fitting for an external drain.

The only thing I have donee to the existing drain hole in the bottom of the anchor locker to push a small thimble sized plastic strainer to keep debris from entering into the drain system. Strainer picked up at Home Depot and comes rain bird sprinkler parts area.

I have owned my first Parker, a 2004 model 2520, for about 2 years now. I must say there are somethings design wise that makes me scratch my head and the anchor locker is one of those things. Another thing is it appears they used SS bolts throughout the boat but must have use carbon steel nuts on the back side. Every nut in my PH and cabin is rusted to the point with over half I can't get the correct size wrench or socket on them.

Back