New vs Used 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccknight1429

Reaction score
Good morning fellow members, any input would be greatly appreciated. I have been kicking the idea around about buying a Parker 2120. Was thinking CC (21 DV)but after some thought the Piolt house is definitely an option. How do you feel about buying new vs used ? It's seems that a 2013-new is not a crazy price difference. Thanks in advance and all input is appreciated !!

It’s all about the $. If you find a used one already set up with the electronics you want and motor you want, used could be a good way to go. Most people don’t use their boats very much so used could save you a bunch and it may not have many hours on the motor. If you want it the way you want it and can afford it and plan to keep it for many years, buy a new one. Good luck.

Also might consider if the used one has a trailer or not. Are you planning on towing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will trailer the boat, If I can find the right deal on a used I would consider. I am very anal so it would have to be cared for by someone like myself. Can anyone speak on the cost of a new 2120 ? Is it worth the coin ?

I, like you, am very meticulous on the care of my boat. I would have had a difficult time trying to 'right' another owners abuses. While it definitely is more $$$, for me, it gave me piece of mind to start from new...plus, while I am reasonably handy, I just don't have the time to repair.

Purchased a 2013 2120 in March. Had it shipped from NJ to California. It has been an absolute amazing experience and I would do it all again!

My boat has been all over southern California and performed so well in lots of conditions!

There doesn't seem to be much that can be wrong that you wouldn't see with a good sea trial and inspection.

Already moving up to something bigger but I love my parker!

I would highly recommend purchasing a 2014 or later 2120 as there was a huge improvement made in the aft part of the boats. An integral livewell was added that prevented water from sloshing through the notched transom and flooding the cockpit. The rear seating is much safer and more comfortable and can easily be expanded to seat 4. That is the reason I bought mine new in 2015 and could not be happier with the decision. These boats hold their value well and there will be some great "Boat Show Specials" to be had soon. I think that the price difference between 2013 and new or newer is well worth it. Good Luck with your quest as you will love these boats!

Back