Insulating the Forward seating "Boxes" on a 23 DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
I need more cooler space. And I'm not excited about adding Igloo/Yeti coolers to the deck.

I have a 23 DVCC with the forward seating option (kids and wife wanted it). As many of you know, there is a tremendous amount of space under the port and starboard seats. But it is largely uninsulated and can't hold ice for more than a few hours.

Fortunately there is 3-4" of dead-air space around the seat liner that I could inject with 2-part expanding foam. Of course, I'd need to drill a handful of 3" holes in the liner to get good distribution of the expanding foam.

The foam would surround the liner on all sides (front, rear, both sides). There would be no additional foam on the lid although I could add some later if needed.

Thoughts? Positive? Negative? Improvements?

Attachments

• IMG_6618.JPG
    IMG_6618.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_6620.JPG
    IMG_6620.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6614.JPG
    IMG_6614.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 184
My 23 DVCC must be older. The sides of my under seat storage are either the hull or the outer edge of the seat itself. No "dead space"

Mine is a 1996 and the "seats" are a drop-in liner built by Parker with a 3-4" air gap between the "liner" and the actual hull. And a 1" gap between the bottom of the liner and the actual floor of the boat.

Back