2520 XL- Bow Thruster necessary?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoniB

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 2520 XL and have seen a few with bow thrusters. Wondering if they are needed or are they a nice to have? How is the maneuverability with the 2520 XL?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
BoniB

Absolutely no need for a bow thruster on a 25ft Parker.

They are a very easy boat to manage in tight quarters with a single or twin engines.

Invest the $4k saving in a windlass and A/C. :D

I have a 2820 with twin 300’s and a bow thruster. It came in handy 2 weeks ago when a cold front was pushing 20 knot crosswinds into the side of my pilothouse while backing into a slip. I like mine and use it a lot when maneuvering in close quarters. I have 2 controls, 1 at the helm and the other at the 2nd station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have one, but a Pilothouse acts as a Big sail in higher winds and can be a pain.

It would be a nice to have.

Not needed, but nice to have especially if you have both wind and current.

Agreed: Not needed, but would be nice to have. Nothing substitutes for experience with your boat. If you haven't driven a 2520XL, you will find that the pivot point is very different than your typically CC or similar. Basically the bow doesn't come around easy, she is bow heavy.

I bought my first Parker, a new 2520 XLSC in early fall of this year. After a few months of use, I had a bow thruster installed w/ Control sticks at the helm and second station. On windy days the bow is hard to control....a real challenge when backing into my dock slip.

When talking to your significant other about the boat "nice to have" translates to "needed"!

Back