Parker 2300 (23 DVCC) - Yamaha F250 Performance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodChance

Reaction score
Here are a few different props I've been running and testing on my 1996 Parker 2300 (23 DVCC). All testing has been performed with a full tank of fuel (155 gallons) and 3-4 people aboard but no fishing gear, ice or other heavy objects.

The Mercury Mirage was a heavily modified prop that was labelled as "19p" but I later discovered that it was actually a 20" prop. As shown in the graph (gray line), it generated the best speed:rpm ratio but provided terrible hotshot and the boat felt sluggish and heavy

Then I tested a Yamaha SWS 17" prop. From the factory, it was decent but hole shot wasn't great. I brought it to Richard Junker at Leading Edge Props in Ellenton, FL (he's amongst the best prop guys in the U.S.) and gave him the overall performance characteristics as well as a chart showing RPM vs speeds. He tweaked it a bunch and I tested again. Slightly faster but much better overall handling.

Then I decided to install a Permatrim in an effort to get the bow down (Parkers always ride bow-high). This last modification gave the best performance and really makes the Parker 2300 feel like a different boat. Two things are MOST noticeable ..... first, you get on plane almost instantly. Very quick to get on plane and very little bow rise during this transition from hull-speed to planning speed. Second, the entire boat rides higher out of the water. Previous to the Permatrim install, water would "break" from the hull 1/2 the length back from the bow ..... now it breaks 2/3 back.

As Jim has posted before, the 23ft boat now feels like a 25-26ft boat.

Anyway ..... here is the graphics. If anyone wants the raw numbers, I can try to post them too.

Attachments

• Parker Performance.png
    Parker Performance.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 382
Here is the raw data

Attachments

• Parker Performance Raw Data.png
    Parker Performance Raw Data.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 374
Great information. Congrats. Another satisfied Permatrim Parker owner. I had an equally satisfying experience with the Permatrim on my 2120. Easily one of the best and easiest mods I’ve done to the boat. I also added the 12x18” tabs which combined with the Perma gives me very good slow speed bow control in head sea chop when I want to punch through it. That said, I may have skipped the tabs if I had done the Permatrim first instead of both at the same time. Because of this I would always recommend doing the Permatrim first for others. Thanks for posting. Enjoy!

I totally agree with Shawnee that the Permatrim is the best mod and bang for the buck that we can make on these Parkers. I experienced all of the benefits they mentioned but also the ability to stay on plane at a much slower speed, I am now able to stay on plane down to 22mph whereas before the Permatrim I would fall off plane at about 25mph. I now use my trim tabs only for lateral balance.

Awesome write up! Is the test boat bracketed?

I may have already posted this. But I put the permatrim on by the recommendation of a couple people. I thought it was kind of corny at first, I was hesitant to drill holes in a brand new Yamaha 300.

But I am very pleased with the improvement it made on my 2016 2320.

I don't have the data mentioned above. But I want to say I can now travel like 3-5 MPH faster, with a lot less bump. Seems like the boat follows over the swell vs pogo over them…if that makes sense.

I want to try the trim tab upgrade next. But will be gone 10 months in 2018. So will probably have to wait.

Yes, my F250 is hung on a bracket

Attachments

• Resized 1.jpg
    Resized 1.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 296
Back