1st Time Winterizing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azorean Steve

Reaction score
Hey now!
so my first season with my 2120 is now in the books and i'm looking for advice on what i should do to winterize my boat. I had someone come out and winterize the engine, so thats done. But what about the boat itself? my previous boat was a 16' CC with no access to the bilge so it was relitively easy to put her away for the winter. Should there be any special care taken below the deck? Should i leave the hatches open? Anti-freeze in the bilge? Also i plan on using a tarp to cover the boat for the winter and here in Massachusetts snow load is a concern. I'm curious to hear & see what others do to support their tarps. I also want to add that i would like access into the boat so that i can work on a few project during the winter months.

Thank you!

In the rod holders I have electrical conduit. three across the back and one long one from the rocket launcher just beyond the motor. I connect the rod holder conduit from the left and right with a piece of Electrical PVC that I heated up and bent to fit over each side. Then the one from the rocket launcher I lay across the top of them and just use electrical tape to hold in place. In the front I tie two ropes from the rocket launcher to the front bow rail tightly to support the tarp. I do clean it off after a heavy snowfall mostly the front but most slides off in the back. I use a 20X30 heavy duty tarp with a second one 12X16 to cover the rear and motor. A little bit of work but the tarp will last 2 or 3 years and is cheaper than shrink wrapping and very easy access by just untying a rope. I have done this since I owned the boat.

Attachments

• photo 13.JPG
    photo 13.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 192
Back