21/23 center consoles with forward seating?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradH

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about moving up from my 17' to a 21 or 23 CC.

Really want the forward v-style seating, which models/years should I be looking for?

I really do not want a step up (even 2" high) like some of the boats have.

Did they ever make a 21 deep v with a bracket?

Budget is ~20-35k which from what I've seen can buy a nice mid-2000s boat.

Ideally the boat has these features-
Forward seating
Fully flush deck (no step up to seats)
Closed transom with bracket
Livewell seat base with twin captain chairs
T-top
Deep V hull

Thanks for the help

Good choice!!

I've never seen a 21 with a bracket.

But I'd look for a 23 with a bracket and a 250hp engine. Some are now being offered with 300 but I simply can't see how a 300 is ideal, practical or needed on a 23ft boat unless you are only running the rivers.

My model year 2000 23DVCC has the bracket and forward seating, but does have a small step up to the area between the forward seats.

I also agree that 250HP should be plenty.

Spent some time looking at 21s and 23s and think the 21DVCC is the way to go.

Per Tristate, the 21 does not run right with a bracket, it has been tried. Too bad because I really like the new SeaOx 21 layout with closed transom and bracket.

Does anyone find the transom cut out on the 21DV too low? Does it take water over the transom? I'm sure you could fit a Mako-style hinged splashwell but would hate tripping over it.

Step up between seats is not that bad after seeing it first hand.

I live in deal Island md I have a bracket on my 211 mako, an my 2120 paker no performance problem I really like the way the boat handle.

my 1997 21DV takes water over the transom It might be a little heavy I re powered with a 2003 F225 so the boat sits low when fishing

I don't know why the bracket wouldn't work, always hear boats run better with them. I'd be willing to help set up a boat if someone wants to try.

fx- I think your F225 is about 600lb. Do you think a 500lb motor (newer F200) would be better? Or still bad when 1-2 guys get at the transom?

Thanks for the comments, keep em coming.

Back