Yamaha inline fuel flow meter

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayscallop

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2005 F-225 4 stroke on a 2300 DV CC. I was given a Yamaha inline fuel flow meter. Anyone using it? What are your feelings about accuracy and reliability? Anyone ever encure any problems because of it? Thanks for your input. Happy holidays!

If you have the transducer, do you also have the Yamaha gages to connect it up?
If you do, the transducer must be secured in the correct orientation when splicing it into the fuel line.
Hopefully you got installation instructions with the transducer that outlines all of this.

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 185
Have the gauge and everything needed. The one I have looks more like a mini hockey puck. In has an arrow on the side indicating direction and the word"inlet" molded into one of the sides . The installation does not look like it would be difficult at all. Any feedback on accuracy or issues would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for the info and picture.

They are pretty accurate, within a few gallons on a hundred gallon fill up. The arrow indicates flow direction, but it should also be mounted pointing up. The thing works on a turbine, and should be vertical to be accurate. Also needs to be after the filter to keep it from getting gunked up.

Thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Just out of curiosity, why pointing up? Or even vertical?

Back