adding an outboard bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seahare

Reaction score
Looking for any information on adding a bracket to a 23 SE. Anyone ever seen or heard of this?

Would like to close in the transom cut out and gain some extra cockpit space.

Thanks
Happy New Year!

The way you're set up now with your 23, the cost would probably be the same in the end to just sell your Parker and buy one of the models with the bracket and rear storage already done. I've heard of brackets being around 5k installed, but when you're done you still won't be gaining a whole lot of cockpit space, or have the built-in storage on the transom. This is just my opinion...and we all know about opinions! lol
I have the 2520xl and I'd really recommend you move up to that if you're really looking for more space. The good news is these babies hold value very well, so your kinda getting what you pay for when selling and trading up or down if you do your shopping. Somebody out here wants exactly what you have, the way it is....
Todd

Hey, it's a snow storm on the East Coast. How about some activity on Classic Parker?

Any stories about converting transom mounted engines to bracket mounted engines out there?

Megabyte":7lkhrtyh said:
Yes. Have you looked in the Project section?

I have looked in the project section but there are thousands of posts and I am trying to limit my blue light exposure.

I frequent another site that is more about building small boats and repairing boats. A while back there was an individual that added a bracket to a Parker 25CC (started off with a jack plate but decided on an Armstrong bracket). The individual performing the work was really good at this type of work and actually built some of the most beautiful small boats. Anyway, here is a link to that project. Realize that much of the blog is socializing between builders and members of the forum however the project is there if you would like to read. Unfortunately the guy performing the work (the expert) passed away in 2017 or else he would have been more than happy to speak with you about your plans. this forum is very helpful if you decide to go that route and the people there will help you along the way. Many talented people there to help. By the way, there are several other projects on the site adding brackets (just not to Parkers). Anyway, hope this helps some.

https://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.ph ... er+bracket

MadGar

Thank you so much for your response. The project you referred me to is almost the exact same as what I am thinking about for my boat.

While reading the post I began to like Cracker Larry and his style and humor, and then remembered you said he passed away in 2017. Very very sad. I would have loved to follow his work and get to talk to him.

The 25 foot Parker in Cracker Larry's thread is a 1987 SE model. Mine is a 1988 23 foot SE model. Cracker Larry, who has seen and worked on many boats, made the comment that he had never seen better workmanship on any other boat. Coming from him that is a comment to be appreciated by all Parker owners. Back in 1988 when I bought my Parker it was my perception of the Parker build quality that led to my final choice over several other brands.

Thanks again MadGar for your help.

A couple of things........

Your wanting to put this on a 23ftr. A 23ftr has a 8 1/2ft beam. You need flotation at rest. Step up to a 30in wide tub.

The 25ftr have a 18in wide tub....But they can get away with it due to the 9 1/2ft beam.....Read "More flotation" for that heavy motor shoved aft 2ft.

Backing plate for the bracket. I use alum 4in C Channel or U channel however you lay it and what to call it..."Same thing"

Round the end's over at the cut ends. Gets rid of a sharp corner and looks better.

Also on the side that stick away from the transom....Every 6in...Drill a 3/16in hole back from the edge. This will provide you with holes to run Tye wraps thru for your rigging. I blasted mine after it was mocked up and drilled and ground. Then Awlgrip 545 and White Awlgrip Top coat.

Something else if you really think ahead......and You need to! Add a welded and drilled plate for your Racor to mount on....And a plate for the HPU if your using Bennett hyd trim tabs.

Back