1994 Parker 2320 possible purchase

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheltunen

Reaction score
I’m looking at possibly purchasing a 1994 2320 with a 2006 Honda 225. The asking price is 17k. To me it seems like a fair price and includes trailer. The electronics are basic and in need of upgrading. No bottom paint and from pictures looks in real good condition. Is this a fair price and what are some problem areas I should be aware of? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

If the boat checks out in good condition then I feel that is a good price. I purchased a 97' with an 01' Johnson Carb'd 2 stroke motor for $20k in 2015. I would say 17k is very fair (again based on the boat being in good shape). I would however definitely check one thing in particular. How does the boat sit in the water? These older versions of the 2320 were very heavy in the ass end. My 1997 boat sits OK however when full of fuel it is low (and the boat is in very good condition). Also, my motor is probably 150#s lighter than the Honda motor (which is about 600#) so I would definitely make sure it's not too heavy in the back. On another note though, my boat does not have a bracket, which may help you out if the bracket is designed to to float higher. I am no expert on the different types of brackets but the older "Stainless Marine" brackets I do not believe were designed to help with floatation but someone else will chime in more knowledgeable.

If all checks out well, its a great boat. Also, I use to have twin Honda's on a previous boat and they are great motors but make sure it too was taking care of. Average to high hours is better than very low hours on those motors (probably true with all motors).

MadGar":1q1mjhnr said:
If the boat checks out in good condition then I feel that is a good price. I purchased a 97' with an 01' Johnson Carb'd 2 stroke motor for $20k in 2015. I would say 17k is very fair (again based on the boat being in good shape). I would however definitely check one thing in particular. How does the boat sit in the water? These older versions of the 2320 were very heavy in the ass end. My 1997 boat sits OK however when full of fuel it is low (and the boat is in very good condition). Also, my motor is probably 150#s lighter than the Honda motor (which is about 600#) so I would definitely make sure it's not too heavy in the back. On another note though, my boat does not have a bracket, which may help you out if the bracket is designed to to float higher. I am no expert on the different types of brackets but the older "Stainless Marine" brackets I do not believe were designed to help with floatation but someone else will chime in more knowledgeable.

If all checks out well, its a great boat. Also, I use to have twin Honda's on a previous boat and they are great motors but make sure it too was taking care of. Average to high hours is better than very low hours on those motors (probably true with all motors).

Thanks for the tips, motor has about 600 hours and is mounted on a bracket. I personally have not seen it yet (1000 miles away) but if I move ahead I would have a survey conducted.

Thanks

mheltunen":3toekez6 said:
I’m looking at possibly purchasing a 1994 2320 with a 2006 Honda 225. The asking price is 17k. To me it seems like a fair price and includes trailer. The electronics are basic and in need of upgrading. No bottom paint and from pictures looks in real good condition. Is this a fair price and what are some problem areas I should be aware of? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
Seems fair to me. Check cockpit deck for soft spots. Pull deck plates n check for rot. Check wiring for tinkering. Check any thru the hull fittings. Check transom soft spots esp ateound transducer and drains. Check pilot house roof for soft spots. If gas tank is orginial it might need replacement sometime. Pull pie plates and check for wet foam and gas odors and bilge.

B2

Survey revealed good hull and transom. The roof has had some water intrusion and had some delamination but still solid and considered minor by my surveyor. New trim tabs and steering seals are needed as well. Trailer does not have trailer brakes so that will be needed as well. Surveyor thinks the 17k is a fair price. I’m debating on offering 16 or to keep looking. Tough decision......

Sounds like a fair deal. When I found my boat I searched all over to find comparable models and saw what they went for. I wasn't able to find one cheaper or even close, so I bought it. I think you'll find the same with your 2320. You will love that motor, I loved my Honda. Congratulations on the new rig!

The pic on Craigslist looked like a 2330 the extended cabin version. I would love to see some more pics.

Thank you. I’m excited. When I have some free to figure out how to post pictures I’ll post some. Thanks for everyone’s feedback

One question I have is: what is the fuel tank size for a 1994 2320 extended cabin? The owner thinks it is 80 gallons but all my research seems to indicate much larger.

mheltunen":txhamnzn said:
One question I have is: what is the fuel tank size for a 1994 2320 extended cabin? The owner thinks it is 80 gallons but all my research seems to indicate much larger.
Mine is 140 gal. Pull pie plate over fuel pickup and sender and look for tank decal probably made by RDS. It might be dirty and need to be cleaned. Good time to check deck plate, too probably leaking

B2

older 2320 had taller cabins ,which made them roll more than newer 2320.

The 2320 extended cabin I’m purchasing is powered by a Honda bf225. Does anyone have any idea on what kind of speeds and fuel economy I can expect to get with it. Seller claims 42 mph WOT and over 30 mph on cruise. It’s propped with a 14 1/2-15 solas prop. It’s been in saltwater all it’s life and now it’s retiring on fresh water

Brent , thanks for the link. I was hoping for at least a 27mph cruise and it looks like that’s feasible. I’m coming from a 1995 proline 231 with a 265hp I/O which cruises around 27 as well and topped out about 38mph. I’m under no illusions about it being a speed demon but sometimes it’s hard to stay off the throttle when your next to your buddies boat headed back in.

FYI to everyone. So far I’ve been flat out impressed with this forum. The members have done an excellent job of documenting solutions to many of the problems they have encountered. The willingness to answer questions and help each other is nothing short of amazing. Before stumbling opon this site I would lurk around at the THT and the member bashing there was very discouraging at times. Keep up the great work everyone.

It does not have permatrim as far as I know. I meet the vessel for the first time in 14 hours

Back