Casting Platform on 23 SE drain overboard?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seoneill

Reaction score
Hey folks. ABout to take ownership of a 2014 23se with the forward casting platform. Want to know if folks use that as a fishbox, or just dry storage. Does it drain overboard? Also, how is the insulation? I am thinking of just getting a canyon bag cooler and putting it inside for easy cleanup and the ability to store some other stuff there, but just curious. Thanks

Sean

my 2007 drains overboard through a small drain on the port side of the bow. I use the compartment for my tackle but will be installing battery trays for my new trolling motor.

The console is so big I can store anything I need in there and keep the front box open, keeps ice for a full day in warm weather.

I have a 2016 23SE hull and wonder the same thing. I noticed that the front bow locker does not drain well. I took a water hose and blasted water through the drain in the locker thinking it was clogged and the pressure of the shooting water may unclog. After a a minute, the back/stern port escape hole shoot out water which I believe is the over-board drain for the bilge. The float switch in the bilge triggered the pump to activate and push water out and over.

From the previous post, someone mentioned their bow locker drained overboard... There is a port side bow drainage hole however I could not figure out where it lead.

Is it correctly rigged? Meaning, is my front bow locker correctly linked? I have a difficult time believing that the front bow locker drains into the bilge area.

Anyone else have this issue? Issue of their front locker draining VERY slowly and draining into their bilge area?

SeaLand,
I'm fairly sure my 2017 23SE drains out the bow portside but it may be a few weeks before I can test it to be certain. Maybe your drain is clogged? Where are you on the NC coast?

Seonill:

I believe you are correct; looks as if there is a dedicated portside drain outlet. I contacted Parker directly but never got a call back from them (On a side note, I attempted to call them a number of times about various questions however never once have received a call back).

I called the two closest dealers from me (Boats Unlimited in Wilmington and Sportsman Choice out of North Myrtle Beach) however they are both new dealers and could not answer this question of where the bow locker drains. I reached out to the dealer where I originally purchased, Starling Marine. The folks at Starling did say they were "pretty sure however not 100%" that it should drain out of the port side hole. They advised me to take the stereo speaker out of the port side and take a peak if the hose had detached. Said it would be a tight area if I needed to re-connect it though.

To answer your question, I have the boat housed in Ocean Isle Beach thus the reason why Boats Unlimited and Sportsman Choice Marine are my closest dealers.

I am going to try to get down next weekend to take a peak into that stereo speaker area since I think the hose is no longer connected. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Let me know what you experience. Thanks!!!

jkm412":3kj3dk81 said:
SeaLand,
I'm fairly sure my 2017 23SE drains out the bow portside but it may be a few weeks before I can test it to be certain. Maybe your drain is clogged? Where are you on the NC coast?

So I was able to inspect behind the port side bow speaker and view the locker/drain. So the hose that connects to the port side drain was indeed loose and I was able to attach. I didn't have a ring clamp but the hose did snuggly fit the drain hardware; will do this later. Now the question is if the hose was properly ran during the build. In the attached, the hose runs "up" and "over" - I would think that it wouldn't drain correctly since it's not being drained by gravity. Can someone chime in and see if this correct?

Attachments

• Parker.pdf
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 25
Back