Bottom paint

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankerjo

Reaction score
Hello - just purchased a 2120 SC and will put her in the drink in March - looking for recommendations on a good boat paint for the Chesapeake. Plan to take her out each winter, she will be in a wet slip on the Severn River in Annapolis.

Thanks
JDS

I used Petitt Hydrocoat on my 2520 when I lived in Annapolis.

Preparation before paint is a key factor in a good bottom paint job.
I would recommend stopping into Bert Jabins boatyard and talking to them.
They have the facilities and the know-how to do the job properly.

2nd the Petitt Hydrocoat didn't have to paint mine every year good paint This is how mind looked after taking it out of the water and pressure washing right a way

I just sold my boat in the fall it was a 2320 bigger then the 2120 I don't think I got very good gas mil. I took it like 25 miles off shore and drifted all day [[ like 8 to 10 hr.]] cost 85dollars a trip that is one of the resent I sold it to much for me and no one wanting to go other then that it ran great best boat I ever owned and would buy another Tom/parker23.5

I currently own my 1st Parker, a 2520XL but I have dove off several others numerous times(23's and 25's.) I have yet to be on one that got decent mileage at all when compared to similar size boats. I recently changed my engine and went with a new G2 300 etec. It does better than any I have ever been on but it is not anything to write home about either, about 2mpg at a 28-30 mph cruise. One of my dive buddies put twin 4cyl 200 yamis on his 2 years ago and he will do about the same as mine but other than those two the average seems to be about 1.5 mpg regardless of engine. Not sure the weight and hull design of the Parker is conducive to good fuel economy. I really think Parkers habit of rigging the boats significantly less than max hp is one of the reasons for the less than stellar fuel economy. I really wanted to go with a twin application when I repowered but by time I bought a new twin engine bracket and twin engines I would have had close to 50K in the new install.

thanks for the hep with my bottom paint questions. Appreciate the input.

Back