Helm seating

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverfox

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2520 with a fixed helm seat on a storage box. It is not high enough and it sits too far from the wheel. I was thinking of replacing it with a pedestal seat on a platform or box so I could stand or sit comfortably and enjoy good vision. As you might be have guessed, I am a short man. What are your experiences with this problem?

That Todd link is for a pedestal

Hmmmmmm? Here's what I see on the link. It's a slider and it pivots.

5201-230.jpg

It does, but it is still made for a 2 7/8 pedestal, rather than a flat surface.
How is the OP's fixed seat attached to the box?

Meets ABYC Class AD Standards.

Provides 5" Fore and Aft Adjustment.
Fits 2 7/8" Pedestals
360° Rotation
Positive Rotational Lock
Slider top plate is 7 1/4"W x 13 1/8"L

That's, what I was thinking, a 3 inch platform made of pressure treated wood , bolted to the deck with a small gap for drainage. I would then mount a tall pedestal seat on the platform. I think four t bolts on say a reinforced 2 foot by 2 foot platform would be plenty solid for mounting the pedestal. What do you think?

By the way the existing seat is very much attached to the storage cabinet. However, I was thinking of moving the whole unit to the corner of the cabin for a jump seat.

Not sure if this will work for you but I took the stock seat base off the pedastal that came with the boat and added the seat I purchased shown in the attached link. The seat came from Overtons but it's a SPRINGFIELD seat. My seat does not spin around but does flip so you can face the front or back when anchored up. Also serves as a leaning post when underway. As for height, my box I made works fine for me (6' tall) and works great for my brother in law who is 5'7". He is often at the helm while I'm addressing the gear for fishing. Might work for you.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16657

Either I'm totally missing something or your making this to difficult?

Unbolt the seat..... Bolt that slider on. Bolt seat to slider....Your done!

The seat will now move for & Aft and it will swivel. Plus you saved your storage.

Back