21SE trolling motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obxarcher

Reaction score
Looking to put an Ipilot on my 21 SE.

Questions, who has done it, what length shaft, thrust and battery locations.

Pics would be awesome.

Thanks !
Mark

I'm doing it right now on my 21se, Adding the Terrova 80# 24v 72" Shaft. The 60" will work as well but I am using it for holding over wrecks and slowing down my drift speed on the reef so the extra foot will help dig in when there is a chop. A 112# would be better if I needed to troll or run around the bay throwing topwater but I typically use it just for the anchor feature, also do not have the room for the 3rd battery. I have the forward casting deck with storage so I am mounting 2 group 31 batteries in there and running the wires to the bow via a hole cut into the top of the compartment. I'll most likely drill another hole and install the quick attach plug. If you do not have the bow casting deck install the batteries in the console, run the wire forward and up the the fuel fill chase and under the gunnels towards the bow. You can either cut a hole for the plug or run into the anchor locker. I am also using the quick release bracket, it makes the install about 300000 times easier and I can pull the motor off when I run the beach in the fall when I have no need for the motor.

Fluke, how are you liking the setup with the Terova. I have the same boat, minus the platform and wanting to install the same motor. The 112 would be optimal, but 3rd battery is prohibitive

I ended up with the Ulterra 60" 80# 24v motor. Everything works perfectly. I installed the 2 group 31 batteries into the front casting deck storage compartment, the wire pulls are always a torture but it looks good.

I ordered the same with 60” 2 days ago, and should be getting it by the weekend. Researching batteries now, and they will be working n the console. Have you fished it yet?
If easier, you could text or call me at 4017430569. Brian

I'm considering the same too..... will you post some pics of your install. I don't have the platform and will be mounting my batteries in the console as well.

I have a 60" Motor Guide 24 Volt Great White model. I think it has 84# thrust.

I have two group 27 batteries under the console seat. When I ordered the boat, I had the Parker factory run a 1" PVC conduit from the console to the anchor locker. Wires are sealed in the locker to keep all anchor line water out of the conduit.

I fish boiler water for calico bass in southern California. I do wish the shaft was 70" long because the prop does come out of the water occasionally.

My install is done and looks awesome,. The motor is really nice and much quieter than my previous motor. The anchoring feature is great, the 80# pushes and pulls the boat perfectly. With the 60" shaft the motor sits about 12-14" under the water. I am very pleased overall. I can text photos if anybody wants to see it and how I installed. 609-647-3282

Realize this post is a few years old but looking to install trolling motor on my 21SE. I think I'm going with a Rhodan 24v as I've heard good reviews about them, I'm sure Minn Kota and Motor Guide are good as well. The Rhodan 24v supposedly puts out a little more than 80# even with the 24v. My bigger concern is shaft length. The Rhodan offers a 72" with 24v. Some say 60' is fine others say 72" is better if you're fishing in 1-2" waves. I'd go with the 72" but wondering if I would have issues with it's length when retracted. Any thoughts from those who have experience?

I installed a 72” MotorGuide on 23SE. No issue with stowed length, but i have to move the shaft to open my anchor locker...which can be a little difficult if its rough. Very happy with performance. 0600ED30-AFF5-4B82-BD3D-31B532550E10.jpeg

Here is a photo of my Motor Guide Great White 24 volt, 60”. Works ok but I wish I had a 72” shaft.

Attachments

• 1E8F7F9C-F1EB-4663-BD6B-5F4EC3582556.jpeg
    1E8F7F9C-F1EB-4663-BD6B-5F4EC3582556.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Back