removal of the tell-tail

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Salt

Reaction score
Hi Captains, I hope i'm in the right place.I have a 1996 Yamaha 250 saltwater motoring I have a problem with my telltail clogging up, so my marina suggested that I should have it replaced. So I look at it and decided that I could handle it myself. I then took off the six bolts, took off the two small hoses. Surprise there are wires behind it, I unplugged the two square plugs, so I get to the last plug its black and cylinder shaped, for the life of me I can not unplug this plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your advise.

Old Salt":13rtjofg said:
Hi Captains, I hope i'm in the right place.I have a 1996 Yamaha 250 saltwater motoring I have a problem with my telltail clogging up, so my marina suggested that I should have it replaced. So I look at it and decided that I could handle it myself. I then took off the six bolts, took off the two small hoses. Surprise there are wires behind it, I unplugged the two square plugs, so I get to the last plug its black and cylinder shaped, for the life of me I can not unplug this plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your advise.
Post some pics using Tapatalk app

B2

Brent":d6g787fc said:
Old Salt":d6g787fc said:

B2
I don't know about the wires. Are they hot? Where do they go? From tinkering,? Plugs seems wrong choice and may be need to cut and use water proof butt splices or maybe can be removed. Weird

B2

Brent":2pokdcvf said:
Brent":2pokdcvf said:
Old Salt":2pokdcvf said:

B2
I don't know about the wires. Are they hot? Where do they go? From tinkering,? Plugs seems wrong choice and may be need to cut and use water proof butt splices or maybe can be removed. Weird

B2
My mistake if plugs are under the cowling then spray with Kroil or silcone, wrap with a tag and let soak. When separated, clean and use dielectric Grease

B2

Back