Second station location advice 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VaJim

Reaction score
Am planning on having installed a second station on my 1996 2520MVSC. Know that Parker mounts them on the back of the cabin bulkhead, but didn't know if that is the best location. Am trying to decide the good and bad on this spot.

Would it be better to have the station midway on the deck starboard side as many have been located? The good and bad on this location? Seems to me it would be a better location as to see clearer, but will take up valuable deck space?

Dealer says either way is fine but he prefers personally the separate station vs. bulkhead. Knowing it's going to cost quite a bit just wanted to see what others find the best location. My main use would be trolling for Rockfish in the fall, and crabbing in the spring/summer.

Thanks in advance for any help. Have searched and searched to see if others were in this same situation with no luck. This has been a great source of information and greatly appreciated.

I have a 2530 so my deck space is at a premium. I added the bulkhead station to mine in the spring. One benefit of the bulkhead is the space to mount a fish finder. I troll for rockfish too and I haven’t had any issues fishing and running the boat from the bulkhead. If I ever move on to a 2520 I think I would still go with a bulkhead just for the additional area to mount things.
b303c168add2da280a54686b6ad97cda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice setup fannin. Something to consider, maybe the way to go...thanks for the reply.

My boat is a 2320 but I had the same decision to make. I chose the bulkhead mount because I felt I would give up too much cockpit/fishing space with the free standing mount, or that it would get in the way more. As far as visibility goes, it's not a problem for me. I generally use the second station only when fishing. Between fishing spots I head back into the cabin for cruising. More comfortable in there
ab4c801eeea17933e6313373852d464e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On my 2520XL I had a stand alone second station on the starboard side. I never felt that it cluttered deck space and that it was conveniently located for control of the boat when setting lines, bringing in a fish, etc.

When I bought my boat it did not have the second station, so I started looking for a used one.
Dale found a rear station for sale on another boating site and I bought it.
I had my dealer install the part along with a pair of new Morse controls and Xtreme cables over the winter.

I elected to place the part a little further aft than the factory places them as you can see in the attached photos.
I had the rear station placed in-between the forward and mid-ship rod holders so I could sit on the washboard while tending to my trolling lines.
Also note that my wheel and motor controls are reversed from the way Parker rigs them.
I found this arrangement better for docking and fishing structure from the rear station. Personal preference.

Decide oh how you intend to use your rear station and have it installed accordingly.
Since you don't have one now, you can do it however you wish.

Attachments

• Image-0B02E34F59B911DC.jpg
    Image-0B02E34F59B911DC.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 311
I have the second station in the cockpit and although it was factory installed that way. I prefer this location after using it.

I can and have operated the boat with a rod in my hands actively fishing.

I have a second networked Chartplotter at the second station on an articulating mount. The mount lets me place it in view of while I’m fishing regardless of where I’m standing.

After using this boat two years I can’t see my self being able to fish and drift wrecks/reefs if the second station was on the bulkhead. Trolling is good as well.
9b5d652a93bb0ef0ebe990a94edfd74a.jpg
a3829f90e3417ae60b7d61e78a33cce2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone's replies. Decisions, decisions... With the great replies I'm leaning more to the deck mount vs. bulkhead. Still have time to decide as it will be done hopefully over the winter after Striper season. Plus I'll be able to sorta test the best location for my use. Thanks again, replies all very helpful. -Jim

Back