It's ALL about the 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
I picked up on this idea from someone elses post and I thought it made sense.

When it come to customizing or working on our boats, each boat is unique and has it's own layout. I get a lot of good ideas from general posts but often I can't use the idea because the models don't share common characteristics so, I thought I would start a thread for those of us with 2520's and see if any 2520 owners would like to share their projects or ideas in this thread.

I've started by attaching a few pics of things that make life on my boat easier.

Looking forward to seeing more ideas from other 2520 owners.

Attachments

• Line Stowage.jpg
    Line Stowage.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3,574
  • Fire Extinguisher Placement (Small).jpg
    Fire Extinguisher Placement (Small).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 3,575
  • Anchor Rode Key (Small).jpg
    Anchor Rode Key (Small).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,577
No other 2520SCXL want to share tips or ideas that have made their boat more personal or could help other 2520 owners? Any interesting helm setups out there?

Here is some pictures of my helm and mods Ive done.

Attachments

• Dash View(small).jpg
    Dash View(small).jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 3,340
  • Helm Lower Controls(small).jpg
    Helm Lower Controls(small).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 3,142
  • Roof (small).jpg
    Roof (small).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3,335
I like that Spot Light. Which of the two controls at the helm station are for the light? Also, Is that a stereo speaker on the cabin interior?

Scoops... Great thread! :)

I like what you did with the fire extinguisher... Here is how I mounted mine.
They are on either side of the pilothouse and the brackets are captured by the bolt holding the grab rails. All I did was substitute longer bolts to be able to capture the brackets.

Image-0EC4BE43F14A11D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg
Image-0EC498D6F14A11D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

Ever need a "knife in a hurry"?
I have one at the helm, and another in the cockpit - both held in place with velcro.

Image-0EC2D931F14A11D8.jpg

Image-0BDB8034DD2511D9.jpg

A piece of swim noodle keeps fishing lures off the deck when the action gets hot.

Image-1D5B993ED66711D8.jpg

A stainless snap, a piece of parachute cord, and a piece of pipe insulation gives me a safety for my anchor, and protects my deck from the anchor chain.

Image-5C4E4C1A4F5411DB.jpg

Paper towels in the pilothouse, and another in the cockpit.

Image-5C4F322E4F5411DB.jpg

Image-0BDB4F58DD2511D9.jpg

Remote microphone from the Icom 502a under the stbd cockpit washboard.

Image-0BDAD664DD2511D9.jpg

Cockpit LED lighting.

Image-BD87E64BDE0411D9.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Primary and backup bilge pumps.

Image-DD7D6FE00D5C11DC.jpg

Edson wheels.

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

Image-0B02B4E859B911DC.jpg

Custom graphics.

Image-B8C1CDD8290511DC.jpg

ScoopsAhoy":2nr7qrhx said:
I like that Spot Light. Which of the two controls at the helm station are for the light? Also, Is that a stereo speaker on the cabin interior?

Thanks, the spot light is a RCL75 Dual Beam with dual station controls(second control at rear station). The control to the port side of the stereo is the touch pad, its like a flat joystick control. I am very pleased with the light output and speed of rotation. I use it mostly to spot unlit markers and crab pots on my early morning runs.

Yes, that is a speaker in the cabin, there is one at the helm below the VHF you can see in the lower helm picture.There is two more in the rear station. They are Bazooka 8" marine coaxials. They sound incredible. Especially the ones in the rear station. The fiberglass console acts as a enclosure and the bass resonates well. I allways catch more stripers with a good song cranked up! For some unknown reason the fish like classic rock & bluegrass??

Here is a couple better pictures-

Attachments

• Rear Station (small).JPG
    Rear Station (small).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,036
  • Rear Station Front (small).JPG
    Rear Station Front (small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 3,036
Cockpit LED lighting.

Image-BD87E64BDE0411D9.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Capt. Kevin- Looks like we had a similar idea. I used a LED rope light and went areound the entire boat under the gunwhale and through the cabin. I also made a loop inside the rear station and the rear compartments for light at night. Looks Cool!

Attachments

• Cockpit Night Light (small).JPG
    Cockpit Night Light (small).JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,237
  • Rear Station Night Light (small).JPG
    Rear Station Night Light (small).JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,235
maxout":ihcm4y9g said:
Sweet! I noticed your rear station is different than mine? The helm and Engine controls are reversed? Is this the way you got it or did you choose to assemble it this way? I like the wheel in that positon better than mine.

The reason it's reversed is because that rear station was rescued off of a 25' C-Hawk and installed on my boat about 2 years ago. :)

The fiberglass part is almost identical to the part used by Parker with the exception to the location of the controls.
I have to admit that I like the layout much better, especially while on the troll or while navigating the creeks.

Depending on the size of the holes, it probably wouldn't be difficult to reverse the controls from the Parker layout to the C-Hawk layout. :wink:

Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing... those are awesome setups!

Question however, do you guys actually use the rear helm much? Does it get in the way of fishing?
Love the LED lighting!! Also, the layout is awesome.

Last pictures tasted good.. please send more. HA!

UnWired":1p415ivz said:
Question however, do you guys actually use the rear helm much? Does it get in the way of fishing?

My rear helm is used all the time... mostly for low speed trolling or navigating the 6 kt zones.
I had 2 years with this boat without the rear station, and now 2 years with it. It does not get in the way when I'm fishing. :wink:

Megabyte":2tsxqb3r said:
UnWired":2tsxqb3r said:

My rear helm is used all the time... mostly for low speed trolling or navigating the 6 kt zones.
I had 2 years with this boat without the rear station, and now 2 years with it. It does not get in the way when I'm fishing. :wink:

Ditto. I would not have purchased this boat if I could'nt get the rear station. Never been a problem and actually improves my fishing by keeping me in the action instead of stuck in the cabin navigating. Love it. 8)

Trying to get the bunks on my lift adjusted correctly. It seems like most of the weight is in the forward 2/3's of the boat, but when I position the boat forward on the bunks, it looks like the ass end is going to come up off the bunks. Anyone know what the weight distribution actually is?

ScoopsAhoy":3e7g7lit said:
Anyone know what the weight distribution actually is?

I don't, but I bet a quick call to the factory would give you something you could use to get her adjusted properly.

252-728-5621

Finally got some clothes on her. Here she is.

Attachments

• Helm Before (Small).jpg
    Helm Before (Small).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,620
  • Helm After (Small).jpg
    Helm After (Small).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,621
  • Garmin 4212 (Small).jpg
    Garmin 4212 (Small).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,619
  • Furuno FishFinder (Small).jpg
    Furuno FishFinder (Small).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,620
  • XM Marine Case (Small).jpg
    XM Marine Case (Small).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,620
  • VHF XM Remote (Small).jpg
    VHF XM Remote (Small).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,620
That 4212 is an awesome unit!
This is what the 5212 looks like...

Image-AEA30C4E7AB611DC.jpg

It is installed on the BOE Marine V23ST Black Lab that was shown at the Annapolis Boat Show.

Megabyte":ua3wqiz3 said:
This is what the 5212 looks like...

Image-AEA30C4E7AB611DC.jpg

That is a sweet unit. I was tempted to get the touchscreen (5212) but I was not convinced that it would hold up to saltwater fingers on the screen. I think you run a greater risk of scratching the screen.

I like the menu driven buttons and the alpha/numeric keypad on the 4212. I got the 12" screen cuz I'm old and can't see small screens without putting on my cheaters...:(

Originally, I had intended this Topic to be photos of 2520's and neat projects.

However, I couldn't resist this photo. The best use of a Parker 2520.

Pulled the BBQ out a little later in the afternoon. Cooked up some burgers.

Got in the water and threw the net at some bait fish to feed the lazy Herons and Egrets that hang around our back yard...

Attachments

• parker at shell key 2 (Large).JPG
    parker at shell key 2 (Large).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,146
Back