Parker Factory Eye Candy (Pics)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger Tim

Reaction score
I was down in Beaufort and visited the factory. Photography is one of my hobbies so here are some shots of the factory. I'll post some little by little as I get them out of Photoshop and onto the site. Hope the opener makes it - It is a panorama shot from the front of the shop. Btw, no worries about Parker showing signs of economic collapse. They are still building boats and taking orders. Even the BIG one!

Attachments

• Parkerpanoweb.jpg
    Parkerpanoweb.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14,782
This place was amazing. One thing you will notice is that the factory floor is really clean. This was Friday at 2PM. You'd think they had just spent most of the day cleaning shop, but it was in full boat building mode! No tools left laying around and generally ship-shape.

I have no pics of the massive spray booth because of lighting issues. It wasn't in operation until I had already passed by. The roar of the fans/filters was substantial but not enough to want hearing protection. All air is filtered and vented back into the plant itself. None is directly vented outdoors. There is a totally separate smaller booth for the initial gel coating of the mold, a "clean room" if you will.

More pics as I get time to work 'em up. Stay tuned!

Edit: Daggone it! The preview shows the pics in reversed order so I posted them that way. Then the software switched them back again when it posted! Really wanted this to be chronological of the process. Maybe Dale can switch them around. If I have time I'll re-post.

Edit 2: Done! Lesson learned.

Attachments

• Pfactory1.jpg
    Pfactory1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 14,704
  • Pfactory2web.jpg
    Pfactory2web.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 14,703
  • Pfactoryweb3.jpg
    Pfactoryweb3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 14,703
  • Pfactory4web.jpg
    Pfactory4web.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 14,703
  • Pfactory5web.jpg
    Pfactory5web.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 14,703
  • Pfactory6web.jpg
    Pfactory6web.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 14,704
Awesome series of quality photographs.
I have a feeling this might become a sticky. :)

Next installment: Walking from the rear of the shop to the front, we move into the area where the two piece hull/cabin are fitted out and mated.

Still an incredibly clean environment for a company that churns out hundreds of boats per year!

Attachments

• Pfactory8web.jpg
    Pfactory8web.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 14,611
  • Pfactory9web.jpg
    Pfactory9web.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14,611
  • Pfactory10web.jpg
    Pfactory10web.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 14,610
  • Pfactory11web.jpg
    Pfactory11web.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 14,611
  • Pfactory12web.jpg
    Pfactory12web.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 14,611
  • Pfactory7web.jpg
    Pfactory7web.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 14,611
Thanks again Tim:

i am beginning to understand better the construction of the PH roof. there appears to be a unibody style shell that eventually has the roof glued to it and though bolted via the roof grab rails.....very interesting. i had been wondering if the roof was mechanically fastened to the house, and now i finally see how it is done. very cool.

Gee, I hope there are no industrial secrets I am disclosing! Here's the next batch. Getting near the end.

Attachments

• Pfactory13web.jpg
    Pfactory13web.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 14,573
  • Pfactory14web.jpg
    Pfactory14web.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14,573
  • Pfactory15web.jpg
    Pfactory15web.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 14,573
  • Pfactory16web.jpg
    Pfactory16web.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 14,574
  • Pfactory17web.jpg
    Pfactory17web.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 14,574
  • Pfactory18web.jpg
    Pfactory18web.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 14,574
Alright, last in the series. Be sure to check out yours truly standing in front of the behemoth. I am 6'5" tall and am a man of true girth, all 270 lbs. of me. I am still dwarfed by the 34!!! It is truly a monster. A full berth under the main cabin and another v-berth up front. Ahh, a charter captain's dream. My dream to cruise the intercoastal waterway. Twin F350's, Yummmm.

Attachments

• Pfactory19web.jpg
    Pfactory19web.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 14,541
  • Pfactory20web.jpg
    Pfactory20web.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14,541
  • Pfactory21web.jpg
    Pfactory21web.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 14,541
Back