Seatrial 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Game Time

Reaction score
I just seatrialed a 2007 2320 with a Yamaha 250 four stroke. At 4000rpm with the tabs up and engine trimmed up I was getting 20mph. At wide open 5900 rpm the boat was struggling to do 31mph. The boat has been in the water year round, and I'm thinking its got some growth. Does anyone have some real world number from their own experiences. Also there was a steady 2-3 foot tight chop and with the tabs down I noticed the boat was a little on the wet side. Is this normal? Thanks

Mines a 2010 model with a F250 and on smooth water, 5800-5900 rpm and 42-43mph with 6 adults on board. Is there "growth" on its bottom?

Yeah something is way off on that. You should be spinning a 19 pitch prop meaning cruise is 25-35 depending on rpm 3500-4500 and WOT should be upper 40's depending on load.

Something is not right for sure. Maybe the speedo tube is plugged? Spinning 6k and doing 30 would mean some serious prop slip, unless the guy has a 13" pitch prop on it. Was that speed reading from a gps or the yamaha gauge?

It would take a lot of growth to lose 10 mph! :shock:

Depending upon wind direction, and conditions you will get wet. Its a way of life on our parker. Just close the pilot house windows, and laugh at the ones riding toward the stern of the boat- (where its smooth).

I went back and checked the boat at the dock. The hull and tabs are covered in growth. The speed was from the GPS and Yamaha guages. I'm wondering if it was pounding harder than I expected, b/c with all the growth on the tabs they weren't performing like they should of. When I trimmed her full down to go into a 2-3 foot chop, you definitely had to hold on.

Was there any change in the 2320 over the yrs ? Have read that at some point they moved the fuel tank farther forward to get more weight to the bow .

Game Time":3s3z4uzg said:
I just seatrialed a 2007 2320 with a Yamaha 250 four stroke. At 4000rpm with the tabs up and engine trimmed up I was getting 20mph. At wide open 5900 rpm the boat was struggling to do 31mph. The boat has been in the water year round, and I'm thinking its got some growth. Does anyone have some real world number from their own experiences. Also there was a steady 2-3 foot tight chop and with the tabs down I noticed the boat was a little on the wet side. Is this normal? Thanks

Something is wrong.

I have a 07 2320 with a F250. I run a 17 pitch Rev4 and have no problem getting on plane with 2 adults, 2 children, full ice in transome box and coolers, baitwell full, full fuel and fishing gear. Cruise around 28, top out around 40, average 2.5 mpg using non ethanol fuel.

I would seatrial another boat.

Game Time":14m6mjfu said:
I went back and checked the boat at the dock. The hull and tabs are covered in growth. The speed was from the GPS and Yamaha guages. I'm wondering if it was pounding harder than I expected, b/c with all the growth on the tabs they weren't performing like they should of. When I trimmed her full down to go into a 2-3 foot chop, you definitely had to hold on.

Everybody drives a bit differently.

I keep the bow up a little in the chop. Helps to keep the water from comming over the bow. I do not drive fast or try to get on top. They will pound in a head sea. If you trim down hard in 2-3's, you are going to get water over the bow. Close the windows and stay dry.

Marek":co6gzl1f said:
Was there any change in the 2320 over the yrs ? Have read that at some point they moved the fuel tank farther forward to get more weight to the bow .

It was either 06 or 07 they moved the fuel tank forward.

All Pilothouse boats pound. Get a Parker spend the money on a seaspension or the other seat that some of the guys are testing and enjoy. Youll curse the day you bought the boat the first few times out running it in any kind of rough sea. Then once you figure out how to run it youll close the windows put your fan on and enjoy being dry

Back